Blast in Turkey's largest southeastern city wounds 6 people - TV
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Six people were wounded in a large explosion on Friday in a central district in the city of Diyarbakir in Turkey's mainly Kurdish southeast, broadcaster NTV reported.
It was not immediately clear what caused the blast, which was heard around the city, witnesses said.
The explosion occurred just hours after police raided the homes and detained 11 lawmakers in parliament's pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP).
(Reporting by Ayla Jean Yackley; Editing by Humeyra Pamuk)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism, inflation fears
- Struggling hedge funds still expense bonuses, bar tabs
- China says Philippines' Duterte to visit again as ties warm up
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!