Big Fidelity investor in Wells Fargo trimmed position in September
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
The logo and trading information for Wells Fargo are displayed on a screen on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in New York City, U.S., October 14, 2016. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BOSTON (Reuters) - Fidelity Contrafund, one of the largest investors in Wells Fargo & Co (NYSE: WFC), reduced its stake in the scandal-hit bank by 5 percent in September, according to the fund's latest holdings report.
Run by star portfolio manager Will Danoff, Contrafund had a $2.2 billion stake in Wells Fargo, or about 50.1 million shares, at the end of September, according to a report released on Sunday. The fund owned about 52.65 million shares at the end of August.
Wells Fargo is the only bank in a Contrafund top 10 holdings list dominated by tech companies. The bank's shares dragged on Contrafund's third-quarter performance, falling nearly 6 percent amid disclosure Wells Fargo branch staff opened as many as 2 million accounts without customers' knowledge.
Contrafund is the third-largest mutual fund investor in Wells Fargo, behind two Vanguard Group index funds, according to Thomson Reuters data.
(Reporting By Tim McLaughlin; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Says International Group to be Integrated into Other Wholesale Banking Business Lines
- IBM reports better-than-expected fourth-quarter results; forecast beats
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Downgrades Goldman Sachs BDC, Inc. (GSBD) to Market Perform Citing Valution
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesVanguard, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!