Biden meets Ukraine's Poroshenko, urges faster reforms in energy, justice
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden delivers a speech in Riga, Latvia, August 23, 2016. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden met with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Tuesday and said it was imperative for Ukraine's leadership to accelerate reforms needed to strengthen Ukraine's energy and justice sectors, the White House said.
Biden also told Poroshenko that all policy steps had been taken to go ahead with the issuance of Ukraine's third U.S. sovereign loan guarantee of up to $1 billion, the White House said in a statement.
(Reporting by Eric Walsh; Editing by Peter Cooney)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gunfire, protests erupt in Central African Republic capital
- British lawmakers ask Obama to let hacking suspect face trial in UK
- India's Ola ties up with BMW for luxury cabs segment