Biden meets Ukraine's Poroshenko, urges faster reforms in energy, justice
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden delivers a speech in Riga, Latvia, August 23, 2016. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden met with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Tuesday and said it was imperative for Ukraine's leadership to accelerate reforms needed to strengthen Ukraine's energy and justice sectors, the White House said.
Biden also told Poroshenko that all policy steps had been taken to go ahead with the issuance of Ukraine's third U.S. sovereign loan guarantee of up to $1 billion, the White House said in a statement.
(Reporting by Eric Walsh; Editing by Peter Cooney)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil edges up after producer meeting, but high U.S. output weighs
- Former President George H.W. Bush may be moved soon from intensive care
- Suspect in Boston police car propane attack arrested
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!