Berkshire Partners nears deal to acquire Masergy: sources
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
By Liana B. Baker
(Reuters) - Berkshire Partners LLC is nearing a deal to acquire cloud networking firm Masergy, currently owned by another private equity firm, ABRY Partners, for more than $900 million, including debt according to sources familiar with the matter.
A deal could be announced as soon as this week, the people said on Sunday, asking not to be named because the matter is private.
Berkshire Partners declined to comment. Masergy and ABRY could not immediately be reached for comment.
Masergy, based in Plano, Texas, helps speed up its customers' networks with software so they can roll out video, data and voice globally.
The company, which competes with Verizon (NYSE: VZ), AT&T (NYSE: T), British Telecom (NYSE: BT) and Tata Communications
Masergy assists customers such as Amgen Inc (NASDAQ: AMGN) , E-Trade, Tesla and Dolby piece together their cloud communications and security services from different providers, according to its website.
It was acquired by ABRY in 2011 for an undisclosed sum.
(Reporting by Liana B. Baker in New York; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- U.S. defense elite rally behind Trump's unusual Pentagon pick
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!