Ben Carson offered HUD post, will consider it: Carson spokesman
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
FILE PHOTO: Ben Carson listens to a question from a reporter during a campaign stop in Las Vegas, Nevada, February 23, 2016. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President-elect Donald Trump has offered the post of secretary of housing and urban development to former presidential candidate Ben Carson, who will consider it over the Thanksgiving holiday, a Carson spokesman said on Tuesday.
"The president-elected asked him to consider it and he's considering it," Carson spokesman Armstrong Williams said. Carson, a retired surgeon, dropped out of the 2016 presidential race in March and backed Trump.
(Reporting by Steve Holland; Writing by Eric Beech; Editing by Eric Walsh)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Top German court to rule on far-right NPD ban
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger make markets healthier: Blackrock
- Saudi says Trump stance on Iran and IS cause for optimism
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!