Belgium charges two over August attack claimed by IS
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - A Belgian judge charged two people with participation in a terrorist organization and attempted murder, prosecutors said on Thursday, in connection with a machete attack on two policewomen claimed by Islamic State.
The attack by a 33-year-old Algerian man took place in August and police originally detained six suspects in the case.
The two charged were a 36-year-old woman, identified only as Sabrina Z, and a 37-year-old man, named as Farid L, prosecutors said. Their statement did not say how they were related to the attack.
On Wednesday, police detained six people following home searches in Charleroi, the city in southern Belgium where the attack took place. Three people were released and one person's detention was extended by 24 hours.
(Reporting by Marilyn Haigh; Editing by Robert-Jan Bartunek; Editing by Tom Heneghan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump calls corporate tax border adjustment 'too complicated': WSJ
- Elite North Korean defector says more diplomats waiting to defect to Seoul: Yonhap
- Trump 'won't be worse than Obama,' says Venezuela's president
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!