Bayer to raise four billion euros via convertible notes for Monsanto deal
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
A Monsanto logo is pictured in the company headquarters in Morges, Switzerland, May 25, 2016. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
By Dasha Afanasieva and Emma Thomasson
LONDON/BERLIN (Reuters) - German chemicals and healthcare group Bayer AG
The issue will be the largest ever mandatory convertible bond for a European issuer and the largest European equity capital markets (ECM) deal in 2016, which has proved a volatile year for markets, leading to the cancellation or delay of several initial public offerings in Europe in recent weeks.
Bayer said in a statement on Tuesday that issuing the notes, which convert on Nov. 22, 2019, is the first part of its previously announced plan to raise $19 billion in equity capital to help finance the $66 billion Monsanto deal, which still has to be cleared by the regulatory authorities in the United States, Europe and elsewhere.
A banker working on the convertible issue, code-named "Mercury", said a mixture of long-only investors and hedge funds were expected to subscribe and the sale was covered in an accelerated bookbuild which is due to be finalised on Wednesday.
"The shares had rallied post (U.S.) election. There is a depth of market support for financing the acquisition," he added.
Bayer's shares have risen 6.6 percent to 94.78 euros since Donald Trump was elected president last week, calming investors' fears that tough action would be taken on drug pricing in the United States.
Joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners for the offer are Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan.
(Editing by Ruth Pitchford, Greg Mahlich)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/6: (ROP) (SNCR)/(IL) (EQIX)/(VZ) (GDDY) (OCIP)
- Exclusive: Emissions crackdown exposes Renault-Nissan engine trouble
- Matador Resources (MTDR) Prices Larger 6M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of ~$148M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Donald J. Trump, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Hedge Funds, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!