Bank of Israel holds benchmark interest rate at 0.1 percent
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
An Israeli flag flutters outside the Bank of Israel building in Jerusalem August 7, 2013. REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - The Bank of Israel left its benchmark interest rate
All 11 economists polled by Reuters had forecast no change by the central bank, with most also projecting no rate move until at least late 2017.
Buoyed by robust consumer spending, Israel's economy grew an annualised 3.7 percent in the second quarter of 2016, according to the government's preliminary estimate that was above a Reuters consensus of 2.6 percent growth.
The annual inflation rate improved to -0.6 percent in July - a five-month high - from -0.8 percent in June, although the rate remained well below the government's annual target range of 1 to 3 percent. Israel has been in a deflation trend for 23 months.
(Reporting by Steven Scheer; Editing by Tova Cohen)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger make markets healthier: Blackrock
- Eight killed in attack on police checkpoint in Egypt's Western Desert
- Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!