Bangladesh security forces kill mastermind of Dhaka cafe attack
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Policemen sneak a look inside the Holey Artisan Bakery and the O'Kitchen Restaurant as others inspect the site after gunmen attacked, in Dhaka, Bangladesh, July 3, 2016. REUTERS/Adnan Abidi/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
DHAKA (Reuters) - Bangladeshi security forces killed four Islamist militants, including the mastermind of an attack on a cafe in Dhaka last month in which 22 people, mostly foreigners, were killed, the head of police counter-terrorism in the capital said on Saturday.
The militants were killed in a raid on their hideout in Naraynganj, outskirts of Dhaka, Moniru Islam told Reuters. Bangladesh-born Canadian citizen Tamim Ahmed Chowdhury, the alleged mastermind of the attack on the cafe, was among those killed, he said.
(Reporting by Serajul Quadir; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China's CIC head says Trump to be careful in considering tariffs when in office
- ECB to extend asset buys, may debate signal about when it will end
- Japan third-quarter GDP revised down to +0.3 percent