Bangladesh security forces kill mastermind of Dhaka cafe attack
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Policemen sneak a look inside the Holey Artisan Bakery and the O'Kitchen Restaurant as others inspect the site after gunmen attacked, in Dhaka, Bangladesh, July 3, 2016. REUTERS/Adnan Abidi/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DHAKA (Reuters) - Bangladeshi security forces killed four Islamist militants, including the mastermind of an attack on a cafe in Dhaka last month in which 22 people, mostly foreigners, were killed, the head of police counter-terrorism in the capital said on Saturday.
The militants were killed in a raid on their hideout in Naraynganj, outskirts of Dhaka, Moniru Islam told Reuters. Bangladesh-born Canadian citizen Tamim Ahmed Chowdhury, the alleged mastermind of the attack on the cafe, was among those killed, he said.
(Reporting by Serajul Quadir; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Belgium's Walloon parliament backs EU-Canada trade deal
- Moldova to vote for new president as banking scandal festers
- U.S. labor costs increase 0.6 percent in third quarter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!