Bangladesh security forces kill mastermind of Dhaka cafe attack
- Dollar lower, stocks flat as caution creeps in ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
Policemen sneak a look inside the Holey Artisan Bakery and the O'Kitchen Restaurant as others inspect the site after gunmen attacked, in Dhaka, Bangladesh, July 3, 2016. REUTERS/Adnan Abidi/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DHAKA (Reuters) - Bangladeshi security forces killed four Islamist militants, including the mastermind of an attack on a cafe in Dhaka last month in which 22 people, mostly foreigners, were killed, the head of police counter-terrorism in the capital said on Saturday.
The militants were killed in a raid on their hideout in Naraynganj, outskirts of Dhaka, Moniru Islam told Reuters. Bangladesh-born Canadian citizen Tamim Ahmed Chowdhury, the alleged mastermind of the attack on the cafe, was among those killed, he said.
(Reporting by Serajul Quadir; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- P&G profit and sales beat Wall Street estimates
- Germany says IMF plans to stay involved in Greek bailout talks
- Lagarde warns of 'race to bottom' on trade, regulation, taxes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!