Bangladesh security forces kill mastermind of Dhaka cafe attack
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Policemen sneak a look inside the Holey Artisan Bakery and the O'Kitchen Restaurant as others inspect the site after gunmen attacked, in Dhaka, Bangladesh, July 3, 2016. REUTERS/Adnan Abidi/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
DHAKA (Reuters) - Bangladeshi security forces killed four Islamist militants, including the mastermind of an attack on a cafe in Dhaka last month in which 22 people, mostly foreigners, were killed, the head of police counter-terrorism in the capital said on Saturday.
The militants were killed in a raid on their hideout in Naraynganj, outskirts of Dhaka, Moniru Islam told Reuters. Bangladesh-born Canadian citizen Tamim Ahmed Chowdhury, the alleged mastermind of the attack on the cafe, was among those killed, he said.
(Reporting by Serajul Quadir; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: U.N. chief mulls future in South Korea where he tops presidential polls
- Trump seeks to bar personal conduct claims from Trump University trial
- France to start dismantling 'Jungle' migrant camp on Monday
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!