BOJ has sufficient means to exit easy policy: Deputy Governor Nakaso
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Bank of Japan Deputy Governor Hiroshi Nakaso speaks during an interview with Reuters at the BOJ headquarters in Tokyo April 9, 2015. REUTERS/Yuya Shino
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Deputy Governor Hiroshi Nakaso said on Thursday the central bank has sufficient experience and means to engineer a proper exit from its ultra-loose monetary policy.
But he said it was inappropriate to mention specific plans now on how to exit the BOJ's massive stimulus program as much will depend on economic and market conditions at the time.
"What's important now is to create an environment so that we can eventually start discussing an exit policy," Nakaso told parliament.
(Reporting by Leika Kihara)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil extends gains on hopes for non-OPEC output cuts
- 3M to sell identity management business to Gemalto
- Turkey seeks arrest of university academics in Gulen-related probe: media
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!