BASF discovers body of third person likely killed in blast
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Fire and smoke rise from the factory of chemicals giant BASF in Ludwigshafen, Germany where several people had been injured following an explosion, October 17, 2016. REUTERS/Ralph Orlowski
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Divers on Wednesday retrieved a body from the harbor at German chemical group BASF's flagship production site at Ludwigshafen, believed to be the third victim in a deadly blast and subsequent fire that occurred on Monday.
The identity of the dead person was not yet clear, BASF said in a statement.
"Unfortunately we have to assume that our concerns have sadly been confirmed and that we will have to mourn a third victim," the statement added.
The Monday explosion occurred on a supply line connecting the harbor and a tank depot, killing two firefighters who were responding to the blast and injuring 25 people, of whom six are still in intensive care.
(Reporting by Tina Bellon; Editing by Georgina Prodhan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan upgrades Indonesian stocks to 'neutral' after row
- Controls put China property market on roller-coaster ride: Wanda's Wang
- In Kiev, Biden says world must stand against Russian aggression
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!