Austrian asylum center hit by Molotov cocktail
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
VIENNA (Reuters) - Unidentified attackers threw a Molotov cocktail against the wall of a refugee center near Vienna, Austrian newswire APA reported on Sunday.
A police spokesman told APA a beer bottle filled with a flammable liquid was ignited and thrown, leaving scorch marks on the wall. Nobody was injured. The incident was being investigated by regional police and authorities in charge of handling suspected hate crimes.
Austria votes again next Sunday in a presidential election between independent Alexander Van der Bellen and far-right candidate Norbert Hofer, who has capitalized on worries about immigration.
Van der Bellen beat Hofer narrowly in a now-annulled run-off vote in May, but nearly one-sixth of prospective voters in August said they could switch sides in the upcoming vote.
Earlier this year, attackers set fire to a new, unoccupied refugee center in Altenfelden near Austria's borders with the Czech Republic and Germany.
(Reporting by John Miller; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism, inflation fears
- Indian government wants Apple, but not all officials are biting
- Lebanon gets a new government, now it needs a new economy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!