Audi says August sales up 2.9 percent on Chinese demand for compact cars
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
The logo of Audi is pictured at the Auto China 2016 auto show in Beijing, April 25, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - Audi
The Volkswagen-owned division on Tuesday said deliveries rose to 132,350 autos last month from 128,647 a year earlier, with eight-month sales up 4.9 percent at 1.23 million.
Sales in China were up 8.8 percent at 49,154 cars, expanding year-to-date registrations in Audi's largest market 6.8 percent to 361,315.
German luxury rival BMW
(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Victoria Bryan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Multiple injuries as double-decker bus hits bridge in London
- Belgian shopping mall evacuated as three gunmen rob jewelry store
- China regulator tells banks to boost property loans risk management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!