Apple, tech stocks show signs of life after Trump thump
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
The Apple Inc. store is seen on the day of the new iPhone 7 smartphone launch in Los Angeles, California, U.S., September 16, 2016. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Shares of Apple gain 2.3 pct on Wednesday in their biggest increase since President-elect Donald Trump's surprise election victory a week ago
Other tech is also recovering after investors rotated away from the sector and into banks and materials companies expected to benefit under Trump
S&P 500 information technology sector index up 0.62 pct, in second straight day of gains. Index is still down more 1.2 pct since Trump won the election
Alphabet gained 0.77 percent, reducing its loss since the election to 3.8 percent
Facebook remains down 5.5 pct since the election and Amazon.com is 5.1 percent lower
Apple remains down 1.2 pct since the election and is trading at about 12 times expected earnings, according to Thomson Reuters Datastream
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
- Proshares Trust Ultrashort Lehman 20+ Year Treasury (TBT) volatility up into FOMC meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!