Anti-corruption prosecutors raid office of Greek cenbanker's wife
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ATHENS (Reuters) - Anti-corruption prosecutors probing the finances of a Greek state entity raided the office of the wife of Greek Central Banker Governor Yannis Stournaras and confiscated documents and electronic data, court sources said on Thursday.
The prosecutors are investigating possible illegal financial transantions by the center for disease control and prevention (KEELPNO), which is under the authority of the health ministry and receives state funding.
As part of that probe, they are looking into whether a consortium including advertising company Mindwork Business Solutions Ltd, which is owned by Lina Nikolopoulou-Stournaras, wrongly secured a contract with KEELPNO in 2011.
Nikolopoulou has denied any wrongdoing over the case. Central banker Stournaras is not involved.
Earlier this year, the anti-corruption prosecutor charged the 2011-2013 managers of KEELPNO with breach of duty.
(Reporting by Constantinos Georgizas and Lefteris Papadimas; Writing by Renee Maltezou Editing by Jeremy Gaunt)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. allies caution Trump on Syria strategy
- Actor T.J. Miller arrested after altercation with Uber driver
- Brazil prosecutors say Lula acted for Saab to win jets order
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!