Allergan, Adamas settle patent lawsuit with Amneal
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Traders work at the post where Allergan stock is traded on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) April 6, 2016. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid - RTSDV88
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Allergan Plc said it and Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc settled a patent infringement lawsuit with Amneal Pharmaceuticals over their Alzheimer's drug.
Allergan said its Forest Labs unit and Adamas had filed a lawsuit against privately owned Amneal, which was seeking regulatory approval for generic versions of Namzaric.
The drug, which has been licensed to Forest by Adamas, had U.S. sales of $12.8 million for the quarter ended June 30.
Under the settlement terms, Forest and Adamas will grant Amneal a license to market generic versions of Namzaric from January 1, 2025.
Other terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
Allergan and Adamas have also sued Amerigen Pharmaceuticals, which seeks to market generic versions of the drug.
(Reporting by Shailesh Kuber; Editing by Anil D'Silva)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eddie Lampert proposes to buy further stake in Sears Hometown
- Exclusive: U.S. networking company Ixia explores sale - sources
- Trump's win gives some hedge funds big boost: investors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!