Activist Blue Harbour's main fund up 6.3 percent this year: sources
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Activist investor Blue Harbour's main fund has risen 6.3 percent year to date, boosted in part by a surge in cloud services provider Rackspace Hosting Inc's shares, according to people familiar with the matter.
Rackspace, where Blue Harbour holds a 9.4 percent stake, has seen its stock jump 35 percent since reports surfaced in July that it was in talks to be bought. The company said on Aug. 26 that it agreed to be acquired by Apollo Global Management for $4.3 billion.
Blue Harbour manages $3.3 billion. The firm declined to comment on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Michael Flaherty; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pakistani court closes licensed liquor shops for non-Muslims
- Putin says U.S. hysteria over Russia an election ploy
- Socialists to fight Rajoy's policies in new Spanish government
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesBlue Harbour Group
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!