Grainger (GWW) Organic Sales Rose 7% in August
- Relentless Selling of Twitter (TWTR) Continues
- Weak oil prices, China worries weigh on Wall Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/3: (GAI) (LXRX) (VTL) Higher; (ABGB) (LINE) (CVEO) Lower
- It's Still All About the iPhone for Apple (AAPL)... And That's a Good Thing
- After five-week shut down, Greek stocks plummet
Grainger (NYSE: GWW) today reported sales results for the month of August 2012. Sales increased 10 percent versus August 2011. Results for the month included a 4 percentage point contribution from acquisitions and a 1 percentage point decline from foreign exchange. Organic sales increased 7 percent, including 4 percentage points from volume, 4 percentage points from price, partially offset by a 1 percentage point decline from lower sales of hurricane-related products in August 2012 versus August 2011. The month of August 2012 had 23 selling days, the same as August 2011. The 2012 third quarter will have one less selling day than the 2011 third quarter (63 versus 64 days).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Motors (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales up 6.4%; Retail Deliveries Rose 14%
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Begins Process to Organize Special Meeting of Depomed (DEPO) Shareholders
- Honda Motor (HMC) July U.S. auto sales up 7.7%, Est. up 4.7%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRetail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!