Grainger (GWW) Organic Sales Rose 7% in August
- Top 10 News for 4/13 - 4/17: China Regulation, Greek Debt Rattle Markets; Netflix Rockets on Results; M&A News, Rumors Abound
- U.S. Antitrust Lawyers May Move to Block Comcast (CMCSA), Time Warner Cable (TWC) Deal
- Teva (TEVA) Said Considering Bid for Mylan (MYL)
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- Stock Futures Deep in the Red
Grainger (NYSE: GWW) today reported sales results for the month of August 2012. Sales increased 10 percent versus August 2011. Results for the month included a 4 percentage point contribution from acquisitions and a 1 percentage point decline from foreign exchange. Organic sales increased 7 percent, including 4 percentage points from volume, 4 percentage points from price, partially offset by a 1 percentage point decline from lower sales of hurricane-related products in August 2012 versus August 2011. The month of August 2012 had 23 selling days, the same as August 2011. The 2012 third quarter will have one less selling day than the 2011 third quarter (63 versus 64 days).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: S&P Downgrades Grainger (GWW) to 'AA+'; Outlook Lowered to Negative
- Signature Group Holdings Announces Planned Addition of Two New Board Directors and Corporate Name Change to Real Industry, Inc.
- JCPenney (JCP) Sees Q1 Comps Up 3.5% to 4.5%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRetail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!