Grainger (GWW) Organic Sales Rose 7% in August
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.44; Announces 7-for-1 Stock Split
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 4/24: (ZMH) (ANGI) (AAPL) Higher; (SILC) (QCOM) (UA) Lower (more...)
- Apple (AAPL) a Shoe-In for the Dow Amid Stock Split
- Zimmer (ZMH) to Acquire Biomet in ~$13.35B Deal
- UPS (UPS) Misses Q1 EPS by 10c; Sees FY14 EPS at Low-End of Range
Grainger (NYSE: GWW) today reported sales results for the month of August 2012. Sales increased 10 percent versus August 2011. Results for the month included a 4 percentage point contribution from acquisitions and a 1 percentage point decline from foreign exchange. Organic sales increased 7 percent, including 4 percentage points from volume, 4 percentage points from price, partially offset by a 1 percentage point decline from lower sales of hurricane-related products in August 2012 versus August 2011. The month of August 2012 had 23 selling days, the same as August 2011. The 2012 third quarter will have one less selling day than the 2011 third quarter (63 versus 64 days).
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cabelas, Inc. (CAB) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c; Guides Q2 EPS Below the Street
- Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c
- Asbury Automotive Group (ABG) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; New Vehicle Revs Up 9%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRetail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!