Grainger (GWW) Organic Sales Rose 7% in August
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
Grainger (NYSE: GWW) today reported sales results for the month of August 2012. Sales increased 10 percent versus August 2011. Results for the month included a 4 percentage point contribution from acquisitions and a 1 percentage point decline from foreign exchange. Organic sales increased 7 percent, including 4 percentage points from volume, 4 percentage points from price, partially offset by a 1 percentage point decline from lower sales of hurricane-related products in August 2012 versus August 2011. The month of August 2012 had 23 selling days, the same as August 2011. The 2012 third quarter will have one less selling day than the 2011 third quarter (63 versus 64 days).
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) to Buy
- ChinaNet (CNET) to Refocus on Digital Ad + Analytics Services
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Names New Board Slate Following Vidara Therapeutics Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRetail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!