Grainger (GWW) Organic Sales Rose 7% in August
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/31: (IMPV) (GCAP) (GRPN) Higher; (AEGR) (ADNC) (RM) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) to Acquire Aviv REIT (AVIV) in $3B Deal
Grainger (NYSE: GWW) today reported sales results for the month of August 2012. Sales increased 10 percent versus August 2011. Results for the month included a 4 percentage point contribution from acquisitions and a 1 percentage point decline from foreign exchange. Organic sales increased 7 percent, including 4 percentage points from volume, 4 percentage points from price, partially offset by a 1 percentage point decline from lower sales of hurricane-related products in August 2012 versus August 2011. The month of August 2012 had 23 selling days, the same as August 2011. The 2012 third quarter will have one less selling day than the 2011 third quarter (63 versus 64 days).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- W.W. Grainger (GWW) Declares $1.08 Quarterly Dividend; 1.8% Yield
- BioLineRx (BLRX) Repors Publication of Encouraging BL-1040 Phase 1/2 Data
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Posts Q3 EPS of $1.46; Cuts FY14 EPS Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRetail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!