iPass Introduces New Online Wi-Fi Hotspot Locator for Mobile Professionals
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
Includes Integrated Photos, User Interface Redesign and Instant Location-Based Search ResultsTweet Send to a Friend
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/09/13 -- iPass® Inc. (NASDAQ: IPAS), a leading provider of mobile services for enterprises and telecom service providers, today announced the launch of iPass Hotspot Finder. The new browser based Wi-Fi hotspot locator has a completely redesigned user interface and includes several features that help business travelers make informed decisions about hotspot connectivity. The iPass Hotspot Finder does not require an iPass account, provides visibility to over 1.4 million hotspots in the iPass network and can be accessed from any web browser for free at: http://hotspot-finder.ipass.com/. In celebration of the launch, iPass is offering a special Hotspot Finder promotion, the Hotspotter Challenge. * See below for more information.
"Access to the iPass network of over 1.4 million hotspots has never been easier and more informative," said Barbara Nelson, CTO, iPass. "The new interactive maps, location-based hotspot results, and integrated photos included in the new browser based iPass Hotspot Finder, deliver an efficient and informative experience, enhancing productivity for business travelers while on the go."
Providing much more information than a simple pin on a map, the new browser based iPass Hotspot Finder gives users real-time information about each hotspot location, and allows mobile workers to decide which venue is appropriate for the task at hand. Delivering instant results, the Hotspot Finder's interactive maps include location-based look-ups of hotspot venues. With minimal user input, the iPass Hotspot Finder can automatically recognize IP address and browser location data to instantly pinpoint a users' location and all of the iPass network hotspots located within a 10-mile radius. The results are presented in both a map and list view.
The new iPass Hotspot Finder also provides hotspot categories in the top cities for iPass network connectivity, as ranked by the number of iPass connections worldwide. Photos of city landmarks and lists of popular destinations and local cuisine give users a sense of the metro area, local offerings, and hotspot venues categorized by locations such as hotels, airports and restaurants.
*The Hotspotter Challenge: Are you a top Hotspotter? Take the Hotspotter Challenge* and win by connecting to the most iPass hotspots. With over 1.4 million hotspots, they aren't hard to find.
- Grand Prize for the Top Hotspotter: Google Glass
- Win prizes just for checking in at 30, 40, and 50 hotspots!
- At every iPass hotspot you visit, take a picture, screen capture, Vine video, or even a "selfie" with you and your friends at the hotspot, and post it to Twitter using #hotspotter
- Watch your Twitter feed for instant prize announcements
- Visit http://www.ipass.com/hotspotter-challenge to read the rules and learn how to register.
*Contestants must have an active iPass account. For more information on how to get an iPass account, visit http://www.ipass.com/get-online/. Hotspots are visible to anyone with the iPass Open Mobile app, or via any web browser with the new iPass Hotspot Finder, but in order to connect to an iPass hotspot, users must have an active iPass account. For more details, see the rules.
Pricing and Availability: The iPass Hotspot Finder is free and can be accessed from any web browser at: http://hotspot-finder.ipass.com/ and is included in the new versions of iPass Open Mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. The iPass Hotspot Finder provides instant information about the iPass network of over 1.4 million hotspots around the world and does not require an iPass account to use the website.
About iPass Inc.: iPass helps enterprises and telecom service providers ensure their employees and subscribers stay well connected. Founded in 1996, iPass (NASDAQ: IPAS) delivers the world's largest commercial-grade Wi-Fi network and trusted connectivity platform. With more than 1.4 million Wi-Fi hotspots across 132 countries and territories, iPass gives its customers always-on, frictionless connectivity for smartphones, tablets and laptops anywhere in the world -- simply, securely and cost-effectively.
iPass® is a registered trademark of iPass Inc. Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All other trademarks are owned by their respective owners.
Source: iPass Inc.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Saturn L Series Used Motors for Sale Receive No Charge Shipping Incentive for U.S. Sales in 2014
- â€śPortrait Photography Tips,â€ť a New Article On Vkool.com, Teaches People How to Take Portrait Photos Professionally - V-kool
- DressThat.com Announces Its Sexy Prom Dresses To Expand The Online Market
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!