SynQor Prevails in Supreme Court of the United States Upholding the Validity of IBA Patents
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/07: (SMSI) (SKUL) (PLUG) Higher; (NVTL) (PXLW) (ALOG) Lower
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Cerberus to Acquire Safeway (SWY) for $40/Share
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c; Guides Q1 Profit Below Consensus
Boxborough, MA (PRWEB) November 20, 2013
SynQor announced today that the Supreme Court of the United States has denied the defendants’ request for review of a $95M jury verdict previously won by SynQor in the Eastern District of Texas. SynQor, Inc. v. Artesyn Technologies, Inc. et al Civil Action No. 2:07-CV-497 E.D. Texas. “The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and now the Supreme Court of the United States have sustained the process followed by the trial court in Texas upholding the validity of our IBA patents, the infringement by the defendants and the damages awarded by the jury. We are delighted to be at the end of this case,” commented Dr. Martin F. Schlecht, Chief Executive Officer of SynQor.
In the original case, SynQor asserted 5 patents against 11 of the largest industry suppliers of unregulated and semi-regulated bus converters in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. SynQor's patents at issue in the lawsuit were U.S. Patent Nos. 7,072,190, 7,272,021, 7,558,083, 7,564,702 and 7,269,034.
Since that time, SynQor has commenced a new action against Cisco Systems and Vicor Corporation for alleged infringement of the same patents. SynQor, Inc. v. Cisco Systems and Vicor Corporation, Civil Action No. 2:11-CV-54 E.D. Texas (the ’54 case”).
Inquiries concerning the foregoing should be directed to Arthur R. Hofmann, Jr., SynQor's Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11350567.htm
You May Also Be Interested In
- GNCC Capital, Inc. – Retirement of Certain Long Term Debt and Partial Convertible Loan Note Conversions
- CORRECTION: Viguerie Announces Presidential Straw Poll Results
- Federal Government's Rail Transportation Measures a 'positive Step'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!