PA Cyber Charter School opens Erie office
- Market Wrap: Chiquita Now Biggest Banana Brand; eBay Rejects Icahn Offer; McDonald's Comps Fell in Feb.
- After Hours Stock Movers 3/10 (LJPC) (POWR) (BYD) Higher; (FTEK) (AMZG) (URBN) Lower (more...)
- Chiquita Brands (CQB), Fyffes plc Enter Merger Agreement
- Pershing Square Comments on Herbalife (HLF); Says Allegations 'Provably False', Hasn't Provided Proof
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) Becomes Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
ERIE, Pa., Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- One hundred people turned out on the evening of Thursday, Nov. 14, for the grand opening of Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School's satellite office in a downtown Erie location.
As he cut the ribbon at the 2212 W. 15th St. office, PA Cyber CEO Dr. Michael J. Conti said the new office will serve nearly 1,000 PA Cyber students and their families who reside in Erie and the surrounding region, and provide a convenient enrollment site Monday through Friday for new families to investigate whether cyber school is right for their children.
"The number of PA Cyber students in the Erie area is significant and continues to grow," Dr. Conti said, "so we are very eager to provide them with easier access to on-site administrative and enrichment services. Today's opening could not have been better timed, as now is the time when students have settled into the new school year, and are thinking about supplemental services."
Erie office manager Vicki Gambatese and her staff welcomed both current and prospective student families to tour the new facility Thursday. A number of senior PA Cyber staff were present to answer questions about curriculum, social activities, gifted education, guidance, art, elementary education and other programs and services.
Staff includes a full-time admissions counselor to answer questions and enroll new students year-round. There also is a full-time certified elementary school teacher and a dedicated room to provide individual tutoring and supplemental education on alternating days for students in grades K-2 and 3-4.
Erie will host regular ArtReach classes, giving students on-site experiences in music, theatre, dance, creative writing and visual arts.
The Erie office will offer the Cyber Success Workshop for students in 5th through 12th grades, teaching them skills to succeed in the cyber school environment. The six-week long, one-day-per-week workshop teaches students organizational skills, goal-setting, proper pacing, good study habits and navigating PA Cyber's various online systems.
"Even though PA Cyber is an online school, we are always striving to provide our students with the convenience of an on-site location where they can get in-person services related to enrollment, arts and social enrichment, orientation, and a variety of supplemental academic and extra-curricular activities," said Dr. Conti.
Contact Jill Valentine, 724.624.0473
SOURCE PA Cyber Charter School
You May Also Be Interested In
- Keeper Enterprise Bridge Offers Microsoft Active Directory Users Seamless Cross-Platform Password Management
- Power Settlements Releases SettleCoreTM ISO/RTO for MISO Market Participants
- Iran Oil & Gas 2014 Summit to shed light on new oil and gas opportunities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!