Jimmy Kimmel To Bring The Ultimate Party Experience To The 2014 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl On New Year's Day On ESPN
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 3/7: (SKUL) (BIG) (GTAT) Higher; (NVTL) (ALSK) (VNEM) Lower (more...)
- Cerberus to Acquire Safeway (SWY) for $40/Share
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c; Guides Q1 Profit Below Consensus
Bowl Game Broadcast Brings Together Comedy and Entertainment with One of College Football's Best Match-UpsTweet Send to a Friend
PLANO, Texas, Dec. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Who says the party must stop on New Year's Day? For football fans across the country, the party will keep getting better at the 2014 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl when comedic icon Jimmy Kimmel joins the Tostitos brand for this year's bowl game broadcast on ESPN. By integrating Kimmel's distinct brand of humor and entertainment with one of college football's greatest match-ups, Tostitos, a flagship brand from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, is bringing a party of a lifetime to viewers who tune in for the game.
"Tostitos is a brand known for making life a party and together with Jimmy, we're excited to bring a new level of fun and entertainment to the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl broadcast," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "Fans who tune in can expect to see hilarious college football and party-themed content created by and starring Jimmy during halftime and throughout the game."
To get fans excited for the 2014 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl and give them a preview of what to expect during the game day broadcast, Kimmel recently kicked off his partnership with the Tostitos brand by announcing his "Worst Contest Ever." As part of his "contest," Kimmel invited fans to get a bag of Tostitos tortilla chips and mail him a single chip to be placed in his very own snack bowl, with the unlikely chance he'll eat one fan's chip during the 2014 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. What makes it Kimmel's "Worst Contest Ever?" – Kimmel is offering no prize, no rules and no winner; in fact, it's not really a contest at all.
Tostitos Launches "Bring the Party" Marketing Campaign
Tostitos also will debut its new "Bring the Party" marketing campaign with the introduction of two new ads that will air for a national audience during the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl and other Bowl Championship Series broadcasts. The new spots feature a team of specialists who drop in to save parties, making them better by removing boring party food and replacing them with Tostitos tortilla chips, dips and salsa to get the party going. Both spots parody classic home-repair ads in a light-hearted, humorous tone and include a phone number and website (www.bringthepartynow.com) where consumers can access party repair tips.
- In "Grandma," party specialist Steve O'Hare and his team rescue a dull house party. Upon entering the home, the party specialists remove boring party food and replace it with Tostitos Cantina Thin and Crispy tortilla chips and Tostitos Cantina Chipotle Salsa. In addition to transforming the party atmosphere using state-of-the-art tools and "first-quality party products," O'Hare's team also removes unwanted party guests, leaving behind happy, energetic partygoers.
Speaker Dancer (:30)
- In "Speaker Dancer," Steve O'Hare and his team of party specialists come to the rescue of a party in trouble and immediately get to work on turning the boring party into something memorable. The party experts "install" "first-quality party products" like new Tostitos Fajita flavored Scoops! tortilla chips and Tostitos Queso Blanco dip along with an absolutely free-of-charge "speaker dancer" designed to hype up the party. Partygoers enjoy the new food and amped-up party ambiance.
Beyond the two new television ads, the new "Bring the Party" marketing campaign also includes digital, social media, in-store activations and public relations.
The 2014 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl will air live Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:30 pm EST on ESPN. For more information, visit the Tostitos brand on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Tostitos.
About TostitosThe Tostitos brand is one of the many brands that make up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. In addition to Frito-Lay, PepsiCo business units include Pepsi-Cola, Quaker Foods, Gatorade and Tropicana. Learn more about Frito-Lay at the corporate Web site, http://www.fritolay.com/, the Snack Chat blog, http://www.snacks.com/ and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/fritolay.
About PepsiCo PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
Video with caption: "Steve O'Hare and his team of party specialists come to the rescue of a boring party thanks to their super speedy Unwanted-Relative Removal Service, and of course, by installing Tostitos Cantina chips and dips. For party help, call O'Hare Party Repair 1-855-94-PARTY or visit www.bringthepartynow.com." Video available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP0WAC-nPy0
Video with caption: "Steve O'Hare and his team of party specialists come to the rescue of a party in trouble and immediately get to work turning a boring party into something memorable with their patented "Speaker Dancer" installation, and of course, Tostitos Fajita flavored Scoops! tortilla chips and Tostitos Queso Blanco dip. For party help, call O'Hare Party Repair at 1-855-94-PARTY or visit www.bringthepartynow.com." Video available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv0p15AB9Bw
SOURCE Frito-Lay North America
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lady Gaga To Headline Doritos #BoldStage At South By Southwest Music Festival; The Only Ticket In Is An Act Of Boldness
- DIRECTV and DISH Applaud Draft Satellite Bill
- Mitch Earleywine, Ph.D. of NORML and William Veve of Verde Media Group Inc. Featured On The Alan Berman Show
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!