Hadley Collectors Praise New Stoneware Pie Plates for Perfect Pie Making
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
Louisville, KY (PRWEB) October 25, 2013
Beautiful brown crusts, light and flaky with even baking, are the golden rules of pie making.
One-hundred-percent made in the USA, Hadley Pottery pie plates are as American as apple pie, and reliably produce golden, flaky crusts, to the delight of the bakers who use them.
As part of the company’s ongoing efforts to introduce new designs for its collectors, many of whom have a history with Hadley that goes back two or three generations, Hadley presents its 2.25-inch deep dish stoneware pie plate after pie baking tests were performed by Hadley Pottery. Third party testing over the years has also shown that pies baked in ceramic or stoneware pie pans bake most evenly and retain heat longest.
“At Hadley Pottery, we’ve known for years that pies baked in stoneware look and taste the best, and make a beautiful presentation at the table, but we wanted to validate this through some pretty extensive testing with various types of pie plates,” said Andy Bresler, one of the owners of Hadley Pottery. “Our thorough testing showed that stoneware pie plates like ours create the best pies. “
Set to launch in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas, historically big pie baking holidays, two new deep dish pie pan designs, the “All Gone” and “Apple and Cherry” patterns, offer a solution to a more shallow pie pan previously available from the company. Every piece of Hadley Pottery is made and painted by hand, and tests prove the benefits of stoneware outweigh metal and glass bakers from start to finish.
Benefits of Baking with Stoneware
1. Even distribution of heat means that crusts and fillings bake evenly.
2. Minimal risk of a soggy crust, as the bottom will continue cooking for a few minutes after baking.
3. Reliably produces golden brown crusts. The pie’s moisture is drawn away from the food, delivering a light flaky crust.
4. Retains heat best so pies stay warm longer for relaxing over dessert and coffee.
5. Go from oven to table with the most beautiful presentation based on their colorful finishes.
6. Hadley Pottery’s pie plates are glazed with a non-stick finish for ease in serving and cleaning.
7. Hadley Pottery is non-porous and doesn’t retain any oils, odors, or flavors.
8. Hadley Pottery pie plates are oven, freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe.
The pottery pie plates are the latest in a series of new product offerings undertaken by Hadley. The “All Gone” design features four of Hadley Pottery’s most popular farm animals gathered around the plate. As each slice of pie disappears, a Hadley favorite appears, until the entire pie is finished. The Apple and Cherry design features a whimsical arrangement of bakers’ favorite pie flavors, apple and cherry. The dashed line design element is new for Hadley Pottery and gives the piece a more current feel.
“Our testing showed that stoneware pie plates beat out metal and glass options for creating the flakiest and most evenly baked crusts and fillings,” adds Bresler. “We also know that stoneware retains heat better than other types of pans, which makes for longer enjoyment at the table.”
The new deep dish pie bakers are available online, and orders placed by November 4 will ensure delivery in time for Thanksgiving baking. To have in time for Christmas pies, online orders can be placed by December 11, 2013. For more information on Hadley Pottery, please visit hadleypottery.com.
About Hadley Pottery
Inspired by the designs of renowned artist Mary Alice Hadley, Hadley Pottery is an American classic, cherished by everyday users, enthusiasts, and collectors across the United Sates and around the world. Hadley USA made stoneware is extremely durable, and Hadley Pottery bowls, plates, and mugs are often used as everyday china. An artist trained by a protégé of Mary Alice Hadley signs each handcrafted piece. The hand painted signature is the mark of genuine Hadley stoneware. Since Hadley Pottery’s beginning in 1940, its founder’s unique vision and style have been widely imitated. But the original spirit and creative energy of Mary Alice Hadley is still alive in the historic pottery on Story Avenue in Louisville. For more information, visit hadleypottery.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11268668.htm
You May Also Be Interested In
- How To Gain Muscle And Strength With The “Bodybuilding Revealed System” Course – Vinamy
- Best Affordable Windows Web Hosting for Clients from USA, UK, Canada, India & Australia - Top Windows-based Web Server Hosting With Unlimited Bandwidth by ThreeHosts.com
- Industry Analyst Jeff Kagan on CenturyLink New 1 Gigabit Fiber Internet Service in Las Vegas
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!