Flavor Your Life Shares How to Prepare an Italian Style Orecchiette Pasta with Olive Oil
- Sysco (SYY) to Acquire US Foods in $3.5B Deal
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/09: (HIHO) (GIVN) (PRAN) Higher; (OSIS) (GNE) (CRIS) Lower
- Covidien (COV) to Acquire Given Imaging (GIVN) for $30/Share
- China Mobile (CHL) May Start Taking Apple (AAPL) iPhone Preorders This Week
- 3D Printing Hype May Be 'Overdone' - Analyst (DDD) (SSYS) (XONE)
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) October 26, 2013
Flavor Your Life, a European Union funded campaign dedicated to providing the latest olive oil industry news and recipes, shares a pasta recipe made with olive oil from Puglia
This recipe is designed to feed 4 people and includes only 6 ingredients: 1 ½ cups of orecchiette pasta, 1 ¾ cups of cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil from Puglia, and 1 cup of cacioricotta cheese. Carol Firenze, author of The Passionate Olive, speaks about the importance of olive oil in a dish. “You can create harmonious flavors by pairing extra virgin olive oil with food,” she says.
Start by dicing the tomatoes and seasoning them with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, cheese (grated), basil and extra virgin olive oil into a large bowl. Next, boil some water and add pasta to it. Make sure it is cooked al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the mixture. Top off the recipe with some more cacioricotta cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Firenze says that the type of olive oil used can make a difference in the flavor of the dish. “Use a mild intensity olive oil for dishes that require a subtle flavor, like fish, pesto, or eggs, or when baking. Use a medium intensity olive oil for dishes that call for fruity flavor enhancements, such as salads, grilled chicken, and vegetables. Use an intense olive oil for dishes that call for bold flavor, like pasta sauces, soups and grilled meats.”
Flavor Your Life, a campaign supported by the European Union, Unaprol and the Italian Ministry of Agriculture, is dedicated to providing the latest in industry news and health information about European extra virgin olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil enhances the flavors of your recipes while providing health benefits. Flavor Your Life campaign, the voice of olive oil production quality control, aims to educate consumers so they can make informed decisions when purchasing olive oil.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11271715.htm
You May Also Be Interested In
- Louisa Chan Gives Exclusive Interview to Business Radio Station BFM Ahead of Amazon Kindle Promotion for Her New Book, Teach Online: Multiply Your Talents
- Cardinal Bank Community Fund Awards Grant to Local Fairfax Organization Our Daily Bread
- San Savino, Homes by Deltona’s St. Augustine Shores Community, Announces It is a Drop Off Location for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve “Toys for Tots” Program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!