Fender®, Martin®, Taylor® vs. Merida Blindfold Challenge at NAMM
- Chiquita Brands (CQB), Fyffes plc Enter Merger Agreement
- Pershing Square Comments on Herbalife (HLF); Says Allegations 'Provably False', Hasn't Provided Proof
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/10: (THTI) (BLDP) (UQM) Higher; (BSPM) (CIMT) (MOBI) Lower
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) Becomes Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- FMC Corp. (FMC) Plans Split into Two, Publicly-Traded Companies
NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- -- (VMI) http://www.visionmusical.com
Billed as a “Blindfold Comparison Challenge”, Merida has invited Martin Guitars®, Taylor Guitars® and Fender's Guild® brand to bring the best of their instruments to the 2014 NAMM Show in Anaheim California booth #1018, Hall E. There, a blindfold will be placed on retail buyers who will have the opportunity to vote with their ears. The move was prompted by recent headlines “Fender® reported to begin selling direct”, and by the desire for Merida to show how demonstrating sound performance over brand name can help protect independent dealers from this new direct selling trend.
According to Mike Spremulli, president of Vision Musical Instruments and distributor of Merida guitars, it’s time to take off the gloves. “This exercise is not just about Fender® and we all know that,” he stated. “It’s really about how sound and performance is the best protection from factory direct selling at the brick and mortar level. Times have changed and we need to change with them. Sound and performance cannot be sold over the Internet. Sound and performance is what the independent dealer needs to start promoting if they expect to compete with manufacturer direct selling. We want to prove this at the NAMM show by calling out these three guitar giants, regardless of their current selling policies, and let the chips fall where they may.”
To prove his point even further, Spremulli is directly inviting Martin®, Taylor® and Fender’s® Guild® brands to submit their own dreadnought cutaway models; the very best they can cherry pick for this blindfold challenge. Of course, if they choose not to bring their best to the party, he says he will supply his own Martin®, Taylor® and Fender’s® Guild® guitars so your retail staff can still participate and start thinking about selling performance over brand with every product category in your store.
This bare-knuckle comparison will be happening at booth 1018, Hall E.
Click here for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuq_nQyDdTU
Vision Musical for Merida Blindfold Comparison ChallengeJohn Maher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Vision Musical Instruments
You May Also Be Interested In
- Miami Law Firms to Compete in ‘Dare to Dodge’ Dodgeball Tournament Benefitting United Way of Miami-Dade
- A.M. Best Special Report: Gulf Cooperation Council: GCC Growth Outpaces Developed, Other Emerging Markets
- Savanna Energy Services Corp. Announces Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!