DENVER, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is the place to be this summer for all things innovative and fun. Following is a sampling of what's new in the state for the upcoming season. Visit www.COLORADO.com.
Attractions and Activities
- Opening July 12, Denver's Union Station will have six restaurants, 10 boutiques and the new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- Aspen Alpine Guides
- Boulder Bike to Farm Tours offers guided bicycle rides with Awe-Struck Outdoors with visits to farms and a three-course lunch.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort's Golf Course recently underwent $3.8 million in renovations and updates.
- The brand new Cheyenne Mountain State Park Archery Range features target ranges from 10 to 80 yards.
- The new Colorado Springs Happy Hour Tour is a guided tour to introduce the art and history of downtown.
- The Covered Wagon Historical Tour of Fort Collins allows visitors to take a ride with local guides through Old Town.
- The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission recently announced a 102-Mile-Long Addition of Gold Medal Trout Waters.
- Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours introduced Guided Mesa Verde Discovery Tours.
- The new Steamboat Mountain Bike Park contains 2,000 vertical feet and over 50 miles of trails.
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park in Denver is opening a new thrill ride this May, Brain Drain.
- The Estes Park Events Complex is scheduled to open in May 2014.
- Starting in May, Kent Mountain Adventure Center will offer cliff camping.
- Solaris Vail is offering the new Bag a Fourteener package this summer, providing guests with the preparation and goods to help climb Mount Elbert.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is introducing a new thrill ride in mid-May, Glenwood Canyon Flyer.
- Sundance Trail Guest Ranch has two new challenge courses opening this summer.
- This summer, Cave of the Winds will introduce TERROR-dactyl the Aerial Dive Ride,
- Geo Tours in Morrison has a new Boats & Beers brewery tour-rafting trip beginning in June.
- Beginning in mid-July, Snow Mountain Ranch will offer a tubing hill throughout the summer, fall and spring.
- CampVRB, from Breckenridge's Vertical Runner, is a new trail-focused running camp.
- Aspen Art Museum's new 30,000-square-foot building will hold its 24-hour grand opening on August 8, 2014.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park expects a grand re-opening in August 2014 with Phase 1 of its rebuild completed.
Hotel and Accommodations
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs will complete a $100 million, multi-year renovation and expansion this May.
- This May, The Curtis in Denver will complete a $5 million renovation project.
- Opening May 2014, the Marriott Renaissance in Denver is a new four-star hotel.
- Woolley's Classic Suites in Aurora will be a four-star, all-suite hotel opening in May.
- The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge will complete remodels and a new restaurant this August.
- Aspen's The Little Nell will introduce four renovated suites for the summer 2014 season.
- The Art Hotel, a new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver, is expected to open in 2014.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits in 2014
- The inaugural Ouray ForkFest will take place April 25-26 featuring 12 local restaurants.
- The first Canon City Balloon Classic will be held May 24-26.
- Denver Flea will be held in City Park for the first time on May 24.
- On May 24-26, FEAST! in Vail will feature renowned Vail chefs.
- Celebrate Cedaredge, May 30-31, will launch a brand new look of Cedaredge's Main Street with a dedication.
- Oh Heck Yeah will transform Champa Street in Denver into an arcade every Thursday and Saturday, June 7-July 26.
- Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880-1910 will be showing at Foothills Art Center in Golden from June 7-August 17.
- Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens will be an outdoor exhibition of artwork by American artist Dale Chihuly from June 14-November 30.
- The inaugural Women's Golf and Wellness Weekend will be held in Vail June 19-22.
- The Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack, June 27-28, is a new streetcar competition at the Colorado Springs Airport.
- The World Lacrosse Championships will be held in Denver on July 10-19.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, a worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum, will show November 16, 2014-March 15, 2015.
Food and Beverage
- The Rooftop was added to Coors Field and opened in April 2014.
- One of Breckenridge's newest bars, Apres Handcrafted Libations serves up 30 rotating craft taps.
- David Burke Kitchen is scheduled to open in Aspen in June 2014 by renowned celebrity chef David Burke.
- Green Man Taproom is a new taproom in Colorado Springs with over 50 craft brewed beers on tap.
- Leopold Bros. is expanding with a new distillery, including a 1,900-square-foot tasting room.
- Rif Raff Brewing Company in Pagosa Springs recently installed a geothermal heat exchanger.
- The new Colorado Springs grass-fed burger restaurant, Skirted Heifer, serves homemade fries and chips.
- Winery at Pikes Peak, which recently opened in Cascade, is the first winery in the Pikes Peak region.
Looking Ahead to 2015
- Rocky Mountain National Park will celebrate its 100th Anniversary from September 4, 2014 through September 4, 2015.
- The 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships will take place in Vail and Beaver Creek February 2-15, 2015.
Contacts: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, email@example.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
Chicago (PRWEB) April 24, 2014
CFA Society Chicago Annual Conference on May 1, will bring together the greatest minds in finance including leading CIOs, equity and fixed income market experts, pension plan thought leaders, global political risk research analysts, investment strategists and traders at the University Club in Chicago, 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Recently many dynamics in the investment landscape have changed: geopolitical instability, an expanded role of governments in capital markets, and correlations between previously believed unrelated securities has become a challenging reality. This new macro-driven investment climate has increased scrutiny of traditional portfolio management practices. Discover how recent changes in the global investment landscape should shape strategic and tactical investment decisions.
The CFA Chicago Annual Conference features keynote speakers Ian Bremmer, President and Founder, Eurasia Group and Brian Singer, CFA, Partner, Head of Dynamic Allocation Strategies, William Blair. In addition, two sessions will highlight the following:
Session 1: CIO Perspective - Anticipating and Managing New Risks
Hear directly from the CIOs of three large institutions, representing a public pension plan, corporate pension plan, and endowment fund, on how they have adapted their investment decision process and governance structure to account for this new environment.
• Doug Brown - CIO, Exelon Corporation
• Carmen Heredia-Lopez, CFA - CIO, Chicago Public School Teachers' Retirement Fund
• William McLean, CFA - CIO, Northwestern University Endowment Fund
• Moderator: Neil Gilfedder, CFA - Managing Director, Head of Analytics Applied Research, MSCI Session 2: What Lies Beneath: Seismic Shifts in Market Structure; Equity, Fixed Income and Regulatory
The afternoon's panel attempts to illuminate some of the current issues surrounding trade execution in both equity and fixed income markets and the strategies various investors have adopted or propose to counter their impact.
• Cheryl Cargie - Senior Vice President, Head Trader, Ariel Investments
• Carol Clark - Senior Policy Advisor, Financial Markets, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
• Kashif I. Riaz - Managing Director, Global Capital Markets, BlackRock
• Moderator: Ben Eisen - Fixed-Income Reporter, MarketWatch
Pre-Registration is required, Register Today for the CFA Chicago Annual Conference.
CFA Society Chicago
CFA Society Chicago, http://www.CFAChicago.org, aims to lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence; to shape an investment industry that serves the greater good; and to serve as the premier local resource for Chartered Financial Analyst designees, candidates, other investment professionals and our communities. Founded in 1925, CFA Society Chicago has more than 4,200 members and is the world's oldest investment analysts' society.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014Chicago/04CFA/prweb11789495.htm
Bangalore, Karnataka (PRWEB) April 24, 2014
EI Design has announced that they have unveiled a new, redesigned website. Complementing the new website is a new logo designed by founder and CMD, Asha Pandey.
"As the company entered into its second decade with an expanded portfolio, a new logo became a necessity. Being the person behind EI Design since its inception, I was looking for something that symbolises our enhanced value proposition for our customers and the company's unwavering commitment to its mission," says Asha.
The website and logo reflect EI Design's experience, mission and values. Since the company launched in 2002, the focus on building and sustaining customer relations through the provision of custom eLearning, mLearning, blended learning, localisation and LMS support for clients in every industry worldwide has never wavered. "EI Design's mission, energise learning, is placed at the foundation of the logo," explains Asha. "This is the bottom line: our mission and our goals continue to guide us on this pioneering journey to new horizons and possibilities."
Of particular note is the website's enhanced demo section where readers will experience interactive samples that demonstrate EI Design's multi-faceted approach to learning solutions. Some of the extensive samples on this page include:
Custom flash solutions (Featuring Audio Strategy, Conflict Management, Cognitive Approaches, Instruction Design and Development Methodologies). These flash-driven demos are interactive, creative, and use both video and audio to engage and immerse the viewer in a captivating learning experience.
The mLearning demos (Featuring Articulate Storyline, Custom HTML5, Trivantis Lectora, Smartphone) show how learning can be achieved conveniently and effectively on any mobile device.
Also highlighted on the demo page are Flash to HTML5 migration, Rapid eLearning, Localisation and 3D Simulations; all of which showcase the ability of EI Design to create highly-specific learning solutions across multiple platforms and for a variety of end users.
This progressive India-based company services customers in 13 countries, including some of the biggest names in banking, commercial vehicle manufacturing, IT products manufacturing, leading insurance companies and many more.
"The updated demos featuring innovative learning design approaches will appeal to global audience, enabling EI Design to make further inroads into new segments" adds Asha.
EI Design's total cost of outsourcing is among the most competitive in the industry, which is why clients all over the globe rely on EI Design for learning solutions. EI Design makes their client's dollars go further by delivering quality products with lasting results.
"At EI Design, we are driven by a mission," confirms Asha. "We strive to energise learning to its full potential." One look at the new website confirms this statement. The layout is easy to navigate; the colours (echoed from the logo) give the site a professional, put-together look; the demos clearly show the wide-reaching range of EI Design's experience and what they have to offer.
EI Design gets people excited about learning. Their customised, eLearning and mLearning solutions, localisation and LMS support are used by some of the biggest company names worldwide to inspire, motivate and train employees. The new website is a reflection of their continued commitment to their clients as they enter their second decade of energising learning.
About EI Design
EI Design began in February 2002 as a small team of three. We have come a long way since and are now capable of generating over 500 online learning hours in a year. Our employees have been the core of our success throughout the years – they are experienced, passionate and committed to providing the best solutions to exceed the customer's expectations every time.
Our team's positive and dynamic energy has proven to be contagious and attractive; many of our business relationships have continued through the decade and developed at every turn. This success in building unique learning solutions has led to our company's consistent profitability throughout its existence.
#160, Arun Arch, 9th Cross, Indira Nagar 1st Stage
Bangalore, Karnataka 560038 India
Source: EI Design Private Limited
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11788310.htm
LIVINGSTON, N.J., April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Following a $25 million development project in 2003 that established the Westminster Hotel as a sophisticated venue for business travelers and events, J/Brice Design International will now return to redesign and upgrade this award-winning property in Livingston, New Jersey.
When the Westminster Hospitality Group-owned hotel opened, Lodging Hospitality honored J/Brice (www.jbricedesign.com) and its founder and CEO Jeffrey Ornstein by naming the Westminster Upscale Hotel of the Year. More recently, the Livingston Chamber of Commerce named the Westminster Business of the Year for 2014. The 183-room independent luxury property is also a AAA Four Diamond Hotel for the past 11 consecutive years and on the Top 10 Best Hotels in New Jersey list from US NEWS for the past three years.
In announcing the new multi-million dollar renovation, Michael Polese, general manager, stated, "The owners felt strongly about having Jeff Ornstein return for this engagement. His original designs are still relevant and have been imitated in our market time and again. This is a testament to his talent and his innate vision, so it is no surprise that the ownership went back to his firm. This is a guy who created a very special product and we want him to do it again."
The renovations will include the guestrooms and lobby, according to Ornstein, whose firm just celebrated its 25 anniversary and has expanded into the Middle East – where J/Brice is establishing the Arab World as the world leader in hospitality design and innovation.
Polese noted, "For the guestrooms, J/Brice will eliminate the long row of furniture one sees from door to window to create a more comfortable and residential layout and feel. The color palate will be in contemporary soft grays and blues with pops of yellows and violets." On the practical side, charging stations and outlets will be more convenient and numerous as a response to the way today's traveler works and communicates.
Ornstein added, "Since its opening, the Westminster lobby has set the tone for a property that is a leader in the regional market when it comes to upscale aesthetics. The new design will combine a nod to the classic infused with international chic to create a timeless yet fashion-forward experience for the guest."
"No matter how attached we may have been to the original design, Jeff can look at it now and see the space in a new way. It's remarkable that he can let go of his work and recreate a new design. The hotel had the 'wow' factor when it opened and Jeff will surely create the 'wow' factor again with this update."
Westminster Hotel at 550 West Mount Pleasant Avenue (Route 10) has 183 guestrooms and 16,000 square feet of banquet facilities, including pre-function and meeting rooms. The 120-seat Strip House Restaurant – created by the renowned Manhattan eatery – has brought a world-class dining establishment to the region. Strip House is open for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner. A new outdoor patio space has also been added and the indoor pool, spa facility and state-of-the-art fitness center have been updated.
About J/Brice Design International, Inc. Founded in 1989, by leading hospitality design authority Jeffrey-Brice Ornstein, J/Brice Design International, Inc. (www.jbricedesign.com) is a global design firm, having directed projects in excess of $5 Billion since its founding 25 years ago.
Signature engagements include the fabled HMS Queen Mary, 1934 luxury ocean liner that is one of North America's most popular tourist destinations, the iconic urban landmark The Helmsley Hotel in New York City, and The Grand Heritage Hotel and Spa, in Qatar's Aspire Zone, and Royal Tulip Alexandria in Alexandria Egypt.
J/Brice Design is a preferred design group for Hilton Hotels – inclusive of Hilton, Doubletree and Hampton Inn; Marriott International – inclusive of Marriott Hotels, Ritz Carlton, Renaissance, and Marriott Courtyards, Starwood Hotels – inclusive of Sheraton, Westin, and 4-Points, Intercontinental Hotel Group inclusive of Intercontinental Hotels, Holiday Inns Worldwide, and Crown Plaza, Hyatt Hotel Corporation inclusive of all brands, Wyndham Worldwide Properties, Trump International Beach Resorts, and Best Western. International credentials include the TAJ Hotels, Kempinski, Royal Tulip and boutique properties in Dubai, UAE, Qatar, and The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
J/Brice Design has been a Certified Interior Design Giant since 1993, and Architectural Giant since 1995. Studios and Offices are located in Boston, MA and Dammam, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
About Westminster Hospitality Group. Headquartered in New York, Westminster Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of Kushner Companies, one of New Jersey's most respected real estate firms. The company prides itself on exceeding the highest standards in every category. For this project, Westminster Hospitality Group partnered with the Alexander Scharf, the Barad Family and Miles Berger, all of whom own and operate major hotel facilities throughout the tri-state region.
Contact: Dick Pirozzolo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-781-235-9911
SOURCE J/Brice Design International, Inc.
Milwaukee, Wis. (PRWEB) April 24, 2014
Brady (NYSE:BRC), a global leader in industrial and safety printing systems and solutions, today announced the release the Brady Mobile Catalog App. This new mobile literature tool is available on the iPhone app store and the Android app store and can be found by searching for "Brady North America Catalogs."
The newly-developed mobile app gives users instant access to Brady's catalogs and brochures right from the palm of your hand. Along with offering additional information and visuals on Brady's full line of printing systems and workplace visual and safety solutions, part numbers are linked directly to BradyID.com for easy and immediate shopping.
The app also allows users to share, print or create PDFs of any page range of a brochure or catalog to easily access information later or share with others.
For more information:
Download the app on your mobile device by searching for "Brady North America Catalogs" in the app store. To access the Brady's catalogs online, visit catalogs.bradyid.com. For Brady's complete product offering, visit BradyID.com. In Canada, visit BradyCanada.ca.
About Brady Corporation:
Brady Corporation (NYSE: BRC) is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Its products include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials. Founded in 1914, the company has millions of customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee and employs 6,900 people at operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia/Pacific. Brady's fiscal 2013 sales were approximately $1.15 billion. More information about Brady Corporation is available at http://www.bradycorp.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11791322.htm
More Press ReleasesView Older Stories
"Food in the Workplace" Survey Finds Food-Based Perks on the Rise
More Than 300 Community Volunteers Are Slated to Package 120,000 Meals in Partnership With Bedford Rotary Club and Stop Hunger Now
Bolt Technology Announces Third Quarter Results and Quarterly Dividend
Omega Cofounder Elizabeth Lesser to Appear on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network's "Super Soul Sunday"
National Labor Exchange Providing Over 1.5 Million Job Listings to U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Newly Enhanced Veterans Job Bank
Center for Discovery San Diego Appoints New Program Director
CE Week 2014 Announces 3D Printing Make-Off Competition
M31 Technology in the TSMC 2014 North America Technology Symposium Demonstrated "Art and Science" Innovative Solution for Silicon Intellectual Property (IP)
Award-Winning Journalist, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist Soledad O'Brien to Deliver Spelman College Commencement Address May 18
MadgeTech, Inc. Releases the RFPRHTemp2000A, Wireless Pressure, Humidity and Temperature Data Logger
Breakfast in Bed, Dinner on Suite Terrace, Spa Treatments and More Included in Mother's Day Package at Grand Velas Resorts
Senior Manager Steve Swann of Bober Markey Fedorovich Earns Prestigious Business Valuation Designation
Fitch Affirms FREMF 2013-K26 & Freddie Mac SPCs, Series K026
Saint Jean Files NI 43-101 Technical Report on the Walker Graphite Property in Quebec
Lone Star Continues Its Dramatic Revenue Growth
Monsanto Named as a Top Company for Diversity
U.S. Rare Earths Announces The Successful Completion Of Its Preliminary Exploration And Assessment Of Lemhi Pass Projects
FARO Invites You to Join Its First Quarter 2014 Conference Call
Fitch Solutions: Sentiment Improves for Vivendi as CDS Tighten 29%
Attendance on Demand, Inc. Receives Honors from Corp! Magazine
Tri Delta Leaders Lobby on Capitol Hill
Applied Systems Exceeds 1,000 Applied CSR24 Customers
Applied Systems Exceeds 1,000 Applied CSR24 Customers
W2 Energy Begins Biofuel Production
Gouverneur Bancorp Announces 2014 Fiscal Year Second Quarter and Six Months Results
Lymphoma Research Foundation Partners With Saks Fifth Avenue Short Hills for Annual Ace Lymphoma Luncheon to Raise Funds for Blood Cancer Research
KORE President and COO Alex Brisbourne to Speak at M2M World Congress 2014 in London
Emerald Expands with Institutional Sales Team Addition
Study Examines Risk of Early Death for People with Mild Cognitive Impairment
Proove Biosciences Will Present Research on the Genetics of Pain Management at The Valley Cancer Pain Foundation's Third Annual Cancer Pain Conference
Stein Mart, Inc. Increases Quarterly Dividend
Stein Mart, Inc. Increases Quarterly Dividend
Commissioner of Canada Elections Issues Report on Deceptive Communications Investigation
Omneo Releases Cloud-based Supply Chain Product Quality Management Solution
Fitch Assigns 'B+' IDR to Garda World Security Corporation; Outlook Stable
Saint Peter's University Becomes a Member of Cloudera's Academic Partnership
FirstService Residential Promotes Gina Donovan to Executive Director, Philadelphia High Rise Operations
Bankers Attending Commerce Street Capital Conference Are Told M&A is Active, Despite Economy and Regulation
Sphere of Influence Launches PubRally™ to Bring Pub Crawls into the Digital Age
Virginia Tech shooting victim to keynote school policing conference
Virginia Tech shooting victim to keynote school policing conference
Material6 Introduces Their Latest Product for iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S
What To Do When Your Vehicle Is Recalled
Churchill Downs, Incorporated [CHDN] to Ring The NASDAQ Stock Market Opening Bell Remotely From Churchill Downs Racetrack
Community Bank Shares of Indiana, Inc. [CBIN] to Ring The NASDAQ Stock Market Closing Bell
Lectra highlights 'Made in America' possibilities
TD Bank Small Business Pulse Check Finds Boston Businesses Expect Growth in 2014
Eshna Ghosh Promoted to SVP of Business Development at Wingspan
Harper Government honours Public Heroes in Greater Toronto Area
Daybreak Oil and Gas, Inc. Drills Its Eighth Consecutive Successful Oil Well in Kentucky