Bass Pro Shops Spring Fishing Classic Events Feature Pro Anglers, Seminars, and Kids’ Activities
- Market Wrap: Zimmer's Big Deal; Durable Orders Up...and Away!; UPS Slips on Winter Chill
- After-Hours Stock Movers 4/24: (CLH) (MKTO) (BIDU) Higher; (CAMP) (P) (CLF) Lower (more...)
- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS, Sales Beat
- Baidu.com (BIDU) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c; Issues Q2 Revs Outlook
Springfield, MO (PRWEB) February 19, 2014
Media contact: Tammy Sapp firstname.lastname@example.org 417-873-5022
The Spring Fishing Classic provides adults, children and families the chance to learn how to fish at Bass Pro Shops stores across the U.S. and Canada at no cost. The free 17-day event, which runs from Feb. 28 to March 16, features fishing seminars, learning from the pros, and special activities for kids. Plus, one lucky winner will walk away with a grand prize of a new Nitro Z-7 performance bass boat.
“Bass Pro Shops is dedicated to making sure families have fun together outdoors and events such as this are the perfect way for them to learn how,” said Bass Pro Shops spokeswoman Katie Mitchell. “The Spring Fishing Classic has become such a popular event. Last year alone, more than 7 million people attended this event at Bass Pro Shops stores across America and Canada. With this year’s event offering new workshops, seminars, and kids’ activities, we’re expecting the 2014 Classic to be another great event.”
In addition, a lucky customer will be the national grand prize winner of a new Nitro Z-7 performance bass fishing boat, which features a 150-horsepower Mercury motor and a trailer. Besides the boat, the winner will receive a guided fishing trip with Bassmaster Elite Series professional angler Edwin Evers on Table Rock Lake near Branson, Mo. This prize package also includes a three-day, three-night stay at nearby Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, Mo., and up to $3,000USD for travel and accommodations. The total sweepstakes package value is more than $32,000USD. See http://media.basspro.com/pdf/2014ClassicSweepsRules.pdf for complete rules.
The 17-day Spring Fishing Classic runs from Feb. 28 to March 16 at Bass Pro Shops stores in the United States and Vaughan, Ontario store locations. At the Bass Pro Shops store in Rocky View, Alberta, the event is held from March 7-16.
In addition to learning the hottest tips and strategies from the world’s best anglers, Spring Fishing Classic attendees have two weekends to see lots of new fishing tackle, live tank demonstrations, and boat shows while the kids can enjoy activities just for them.
Seminars will be held at all store locations except Miami, Fla., Branson, Mo., Islamorada, Fla., and the Bass Pro Shops Outlet store in Springfield, Mo.
New to the Spring Fishing Classic event this year is the Women’s Fishing Workshop. This seminar is for women who are interested in learning how to fish. The focus of this seminar will be fishing tips for beginners. The seminar will be held Saturday, March 15 at 3 p.m. at U.S. and Vaughan, Ontario stores and Sunday, March 23 at 3 p.m. at the Rocky View, Alberta store.
The Bass Pro Shops Bassmaster University National Fishing Pros seminars will be held Feb. 28 - March 2 at the U.S. and Vaughan, Ontario, and March 7-9 at the Rocky View, Alberta store.
These seminars feature experts such as:
• Kevin VanDam - Four-time Bassmaster Classic Champion and seven-time Bassmaster Angler of the Year
• Jimmy Houston - America’s favorite fisherman and host of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors” TV show
• Roland Martin - Nine-time Bassmaster Angler of the Year
• Peter Miller - Three-time World Sailfish Champion and host of “Bass 2 Billfish” TV show on NBC Sports
• Timmy Horton - Former Bassmaster Angler of the Year and four-time Bassmaster Elite Series winner and host of “Timmy Horton Outdoors” TV show
• Gary Klein - 29-time Bassmaster Classic qualifier and two-time Bassmaster Angler of the Year.
Canadian customers will enjoy pros such as Dave Mercer, host of TV show “Facts of Fishing,” the Beasley Brothers from “Canada in the Rough,” and Wes David, professional walleye angler.
The hottest local advice will be offered during fishing seminars held March 7-9 at the U.S. and Vaughan, Ontario stores and March 14-16 at the Rocky View, Alberta store. These seminars will be led by local pros, conservation groups and other area experts. Seminars will vary by store location and all will be geared towards topics pertinent to the local area. (Pros, seminar topics, and times vary by store and are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Please check individual store schedules by visiting http://www.basspro.com/classic and clicking on the store from drop down box.)
Other special events include:
• Reel Trade-In: Anglers with old reels that don’t see a lot of action can trade them in at a participating Bass Pro Shops store during Reel Trade-In days. This trade-in event is held Feb. 28 - March 5 at U.S. and Vaughan, Ontario stores and March 7-12 at the Rocky View, Alberta store. Reels can be traded in for a coupon worth $5 to $100 off the purchase price of a new reel. The donated reels will be given to local nonprofit groups whose mission is to teach children about fishing and the outdoors.
• Rod Trade-In: Out with the old fishing rod and in with the new March 7-11 at the U.S. and Vaughan, Ontario stores and March 14-18 at the Rocky View, Alberta store. Bring an old rod you aren’t using to a participating Bass Pro Shops store and trade it in for a coupon worth $5 to $100 off the purchase price of a new one. Donated rods will be given to local youth organizations to help with their outdoor education programs.
• Bass Pro Shops Next Generation™ Weekend: Kids can enjoy events geared for them from noon to 5 p.m. on March 15-16 at the U.S. and Vaughan, Ontario stores and March 22-23 at the Rocky View, Alberta store. Activities include crafts, catch and release pond, and kids’ fishing workshops held at 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Kids can also get a free 4x6 photo and a KeepAmericaFishing™ Certificate (U.S. Locations only). Rocky View, Alberta will have the photo only and Vaughan, Ontario will have a photo and a Next Generation Future Angler Certificate. Plus, the first 150 kids to complete a punch card each day will receive a special Bass Pro Shops fishing tackle box (while supplies last).
Get ready for a family summer full of fishing and outdoor adventures. Make plans now to attend the Spring Fishing Classic event at your local Bass Pro Shops store. For more information, visit http://www.basspro.com/classic/.
About Bass Pro Shops®
Bass Pro Shops®, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 84 retail stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 116 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group® (http://www.trackermarine.com), which has produced the number one selling brand of fishing boats for more than 35 years, manufactures and sells a variety of boats for fishing and cruising. Family fun is on tap at Bass Pro Shops resort Big Cedar Lodge® (http://www.bigcedar.com), voted number six by Travel + Leisure Magazine as World's Best Hotels for Families. For more information, visit http://www.basspro.com. To request a free catalog, call 1-800-BASS PRO. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/bassproshops.
Media contact: Tammy Sapp tsapp(at)basspro(dot)com (417) 873-5022
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/SpringFishingClassic2014/bassproshops/prweb11592193.htm
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Frequent Flyer and Frequent Guest Programs Chosen in the 2014 Freddie Awards
- Singapore Touted To Become Asia's Silicon Valley: AsiaBiz Services
- Cheap Swim Spas for the USA and EU Markets Announced by XC Spa
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!