American Water Resources of Florida Offers Service Line Protection to Homeowners
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
VOORHEES, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, announced today that its American Water Resources of Florida subsidiary is offering its Water Line and Sewer Line Protection Programs to homeowners in Florida.
The nation’s water and wastewater infrastructure is in desperate need of repair and replacement. According to the American Society of Civil Engineers’ Report Card for America’s Infrastructure, more than 7 billion gallons of treated drinking water is lost to leaks in utility pipes every day across the country. As of 2010, 45 percent of all pipes are in poor shape according to the National Association of Water Companies and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Similarly, homeowners’ pipes are also experiencing leaks and breaks due to age, tree roots and shifting soil due to weather and climate changes.
American Water Resources of Florida’s Water Line Protection and Sewer Line Protection Programs provide homeowners with comprehensive protection from the costs associated with leaks and breaks in water lines, as well as clogs or blockages in sewer lines running through their property.
American Water Resources of Florida is offering homeowners the following programs:
- The Water Line Protection Program enrollment is $5 per month and covers up to $5,000 in repairs.
- The Sewer Line Protection Program enrollment is $9 per month and covers up to $8,000 in repairs.
- Combined enrollment in both programs is available for $12 per month and includes the same coverage as the individual programs.
“Until they experience a service line problem, many homeowners are unaware they may be responsible for repairs to the water and sewer pipes on their property. So we are pleased to educate Florida homeowners about this issue and to offer programs that help protect them from the potentially high cost of these repairs,” said Malcolm Conner, President of American Water Resources of Florida.
Florida homeowners will receive information about American Water Resources of Florida in the mail starting in October. Residents may enroll in these optional protection programs or obtain additional information online at AWRofFL.com or by calling 1-888-758-8934.
American Water Resources, a national affiliate and subsidiary of American Water, has provided service line protection to homeowners for more than 12 years and is uniquely qualified to provide these programs to homeowners for the following reasons:
- American Water Resources services over one million customer contracts throughout 36 states.
- The company provides 24/7 customer service and has a Customer Service Quality Rating of 94%.
- American Water Resources is a Better Business Bureau accredited business with an A+ Rating.
- American Water Resources has experience working with city officials to provide reliable coverage to residents. American Water Resources is the official service line protection provider for New York City, making its programs available to more than 670,000 homeowners in the City's five boroughs, in partnership with the New York City Department of Environmental Protection.
As a water services provider, American Water recognized that many of their water customers were unaware of their responsibilities related to water line repairs. The company found that most homeowners believed these service line repairs were either the responsibility of their water service provider and/or municipality, or the protection existed within the coverage of their homeowners insurance. In an effort to bridge this gap, American Water Resources was introduced in 2000 with the objective of educating and providing peace-of-mind protection to homeowners, as well as through partnerships with municipalities and other entities.
“Another benefit of enrollment in these programs is that homeowners don’t need to go through the hassle of finding a qualified, trustworthy contractor to make what can be an emergency repair,” said Conner. “American Water Resources of Florida establishes and maintains a network of local, licensed independent plumbing contractors. Our customers can be assured of receiving expedient and effective service.”
As part of its expansion, the company is currently reviewing and selecting additional local, qualified plumbing contractors for its contractor networks in these communities. For information about joining American Water Resources of Florida’s contractor network, visit AWRUSA.com/contractors.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states and parts of Canada. More information can be found at www.amwater.com.
American Water Works Company, Inc.Media Contact:Denise Venuti FreeExternal Communications Manager856email@example.com
Source: American Water Works Company, Inc.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Forex News Widget from ForexMinute Becomes the Top Option Among Brokers
- Instant Car Insurance Quote Tool Now Features Insurer Comparisons at Auto Company Website
- Hot Wheels(R) Canada Launches Track Builder Challenge
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!