Alison Sweeney Rides With Medieval Times at Rose Parade
- Herbalife (HLF) Confirms FTC Civil Investigation
- Pfizer (PFE) to Appeal Celebrex Reissue Patent Court Decision
- Microsoft (MSFT) Names ValueAct's Morfit to Board
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/12: (OXGN) (EPL) (MTEX) Higher; (GERN) (HDY) (CNTF) Lower
- Microsoft (MSFT), Apple (AAPL) Top List as U.S. Offshore Corp. Cash Pile Swells
Actress, Author and TV Host Is First Non-Cast Member to Join Fabled Equestrian UnitTweet Send to a Friend
BUENA PARK, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 12/23/13 -- Award-winning actress, author and TV host Alison Sweeney has done it all. Soon she will be able to add riding with the fabled Medieval Times equestrian team at the 2014 Rose Parade to her already impressive résumé. Although this will be Medieval Times' 26th consecutive year participating in the Rose Parade, it's the first time that they have gone outside the "royal family" to recruit a celebrity rider. After an extensive search, Alison Sweeney was chosen to help North America's No. 1 dinner attraction celebrate its 30th anniversary.
"As a skilled equestrian in her own right, it was a natural fit to have Alison join the Medieval Times unit," said David Manuel, Marketing Manager at Medieval Times, Buena Park.
Sweeney was recommended by Nancy Frost, CEO and President at Sapphire Ridge based at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center. Frost is also volunteering at this year's Equestfest.
Sweeney met with Medieval Times Horse Trainer Redha Gharsa to find the perfect horse from their fleet for the parade.
"I'm so excited," said Sweeney, who will be in costume on New Year's Day. "I grew up in Pasadena going to the Rose Parade as a kid. To now be dressed as a Medieval Times princess and to be part of the parade is going to be so much fun!"
Sweeney will join 11 other members of the Medieval Times equestrian unit at the Rose Parade this New Year's Day. Tune in starting at 8 a.m. to catch Alison Sweeney as she makes her Medieval Times Rose Parade debut.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2485852
Media Contact Jaci Hernandez Email Contact 714-523-1100 ext. 2220 or Dennis John Gaschen, APR, Fellow PRSA 714-633-6434 Email Contact
Source: Medieval Times
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pioneer Announces First Fiscal Quarter 2014 Results
- Blue Shield of California and Inland Empire Physician Groups Launch Accountable Care Initiative
- College Students Unveil Renderings At Steel Market Development Institute's Steel Wheel Design Competition Awards Presentation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!