160 Driving Academy to Create 120 Trucking Jobs in the Quad Cities; Goal for 2014 is to Create 1,500 Jobs Across the Midwest
- Market Wrap: Men's Wearhouse/Jos. A. Bank Strike Deal; Fuel Cell Stocks Pop, Drop; Bye, Bye Fannie and Freddie?
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 03/11: (OXGN) (PRMW) (PAY) Higher; (MX) (KTOS) (PLUG) Lower
- Men's Wearhouse (MW) to Acquire Jos. A. Bank (JOSB) for $65/Share Cash
- The End of Fannie (FNMA) and Freddie (FMCC)?
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Issues Mixed Q1, FY14 Outlook
Moline, Illinois (PRWEB) November 12, 2013
160 Driving Academy – the fastest-growing truck driving vocational school in the country – today announced plans to host a major hiring event on Monday, November 18, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the company’s Moline school, located at the SouthPark Mall (4500 16th Street, 61265). Interested applicants will have an opportunity to learn more about 160 Driving Academy’s training programs, fill out job applications and meet representatives, who will conduct interviews on-site.
“Industry experts are predicting more than 300,000 available trucking jobs in the United States in 2014,” says Steve Gold, Founder of 160 Driving Academy. “This is a perfect time to get the necessary training to enter the trucking industry.”
160 Driving Academy’s mission is to recruit, educate and train future truck drivers in the highest quality environment. In addition, 160 Driving Academy has relationships with more than 30 trucking companies that hire the school’s students even before they begin their training for a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
“We’re not a typical vocational school,” says Gold. “What sets us apart from other vocational schools is that we not only provide quality training, but we also place our students in actual jobs before they complete their training and graduate from our course.”
As part of this one-day hiring event, some of North America’s largest transportation companies – through their partnerships with 160 Driving Academy – are sponsoring 160 Driving Academy tuition costs, providing no-cost training for qualified applicants who work at any one of these companies after successfully completing the four-week training course and receiving their commercial driver’s license.
“As a trusted partner to some of the nation’s major trucking companies, we have created this innovative model for our students allowing them to obtain training in four short weeks, get a guaranteed job before they graduate, and have the opportunity to earn more than $40,000 in their first year of employment with no out-of-pocket costs,” says Gold. “This is a great opportunity for those looking for a job to get a real vocation and immediately go to work for one of the leading North American trucking companies.”
Anyone interested in finding a new job, switching careers, earning a respectable salary or traveling across the country should attend 160 Driving Academy’s one-day hiring initiative. Candidates will have an opportunity to 1) learn more about the benefits of 160 Driving Academy’s program; 2) meet and interview with some of the program’s instructors; and 3) enroll in the four-week training program at no cost.
160 Driving Academy plans to host additional hiring events at the company’s other school locations, including Joliet, Peoria, Belleville and Champaign, Illinois (opening January 2014), with the goal of creating more than 1,500 truck driving jobs in the Midwest in 2014.
There are an estimated three million truck drivers in the Unites States with the average truck driver earning more than $50,000 per year, according to industry experts. For those interested in a truck driving career, the first step is to enroll in an accredited training institution that graduates quality drivers and works with the top trucking companies. Training at 160 Driving Academy offers students numerous benefits, including:
• Top Instructors – Some of the most experienced instructors in Illinois.
• Convenient Locations – Easily accessible campus locations throughout Illinois.
• Networking Connections – 160 has strong relationships with 30 of the top U.S. trucking companies, which depend on the program for truck driving students.
• On-Site Testing – In conjunction with the Illinois Secretary of State, students undergo their CDL driving exam at 160 Driving Academy’s training facility and in its company’s trucks instead of having to travel to a CDL licensing facility (for Illinois students only).
• Mutual Investment –160 takes care of its students to ensure job placement even before graduation. 160 Driving Academy’s four-week, 160-hour training program is consistent with the U.S. Department of Transportation, State of Illinois, and State of Iowa laws and regulations. Classes start every two to three weeks. Any interested applicants who are unable to attend the hiring event are encouraged to visit http://www.160drivingacademy.com or call 1-855-390-0160 to enroll in the next training course.
About 160 Driving Academy
Founded in 2011, 160 Driving Academy is the leading training school for truck drivers, providing a licensed program consistent with Federal, States of Illinois and Iowa’s laws and regulations. The program provides comprehensive training to help qualified candidates obtain their commercial driver’s license and secure employment as a driver with one of the country’s top trucking companies. With trucking safety as a top priority, 160 Driving Academy promotes safe driving by training students in accordance with the State of Illinois regulations. Additionally, 160 Driving Academy’s relationships with more than 30 trucking companies generate immediate employment opportunities for students even before graduation. For more information, visit http://www.160drivingacademy.com or email info(at)160drivingacademy(dot)com.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11323545.htm
You May Also Be Interested In
- SOITEC : South African Department of Energy granted preliminary approval to change in financing structure for Soitec 44 MWp solar project
- Laura Levy’s Book to Be Featured at 2014 La Festival of Books
- GoCardless to Use Callcredits 'CallValidate' for Anti-Money Laundering Checks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!