Wilbur Ross seen as Trump pick for Commerce Department: WSJ
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump looks on as Wilbur Ross departs after their meeting at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, U.S., November 20, 2016. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Donald Trump is expected to select Wilbur Ross Jr as secretary of the Commerce Department, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing two people familiar with the deliberations.
Ross, 78, is the billionaire chairman of private equity firm W.L. Ross & Co, which is known for buying up failed companies.
(Reporting by Eric Walsh; Editing by Chris Reese)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil drilling advocate expected be Trump's pick to head Interior Department: sources
- EU takes step towards Bosnia's membership but warns on rhetoric
- Negligence trial in France casts shadow over IMF's Lagarde
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPolitics, Reuters
Related EntitiesWilbur Ross
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!