Trump considering Rep. Hensarling for Treasury secretary: WSJ
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
U.S. Representative Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) (C) arrives for a Republican caucus meeting at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, October 9, 2015. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Aides to President-elect Donald Trump are considering Republican Representative Jeb Hensarling of Texas as a candidate for Treasury secretary, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Hensarling told the Journal on Thursday he would "certainly have the discussion" if the Trump administration came calling.
"But I’m not anticipating the telephone call," Hensarling added. "It is not something I’ve indicated interest in. It is not something I am pursuing. ... I think I’m in a pretty good position now to advance the cause," he told the Journal.
(Writing by Eric Beech; Editing by David Alexander)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pence: Trump will focus fast on tax, healthcare, immigration: WSJ
- Trump to nominate retired General Mattis for Pentagon
- Russia's Lavrov says difficult to solve peace treaty issue with Japan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPolitics, Reuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!