Trump considering Rep. Hensarling for Treasury secretary: WSJ
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
U.S. Representative Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) (C) arrives for a Republican caucus meeting at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, October 9, 2015. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Aides to President-elect Donald Trump are considering Republican Representative Jeb Hensarling of Texas as a candidate for Treasury secretary, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Hensarling told the Journal on Thursday he would "certainly have the discussion" if the Trump administration came calling.
"But I’m not anticipating the telephone call," Hensarling added. "It is not something I’ve indicated interest in. It is not something I am pursuing. ... I think I’m in a pretty good position now to advance the cause," he told the Journal.
(Writing by Eric Beech; Editing by David Alexander)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump picks opponent of higher minimum wage for Labor Department
- Hawkish Fed a potential speed bump for stock bulls
- Gabonese man pleads guilty in U.S. hedge fund bribery case
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPolitics, Reuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!