Tim Cook, Bill Gates, Howard Schultz, Mary Barra Were on List of Clinton VP Picks
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Hillary Clinton's top adviors included GM (NYSE: GM) Chairman/CEO Mary Barra, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) CEO Tim Cook, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) Founder/Director Bill Gates, and Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX) Founder/Chairman/CEO Howard Schultz on a list of possible VP choices, according to a leaked March 2016 John Podesta e-mail posted at WikiLeaks.
Bloomberg's Michael Bloomberg and Mr. Gates' wife, Melinda Gates, were also on the list.
Mrs. Clinton ended up selecting Tim Kaine.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- After hesitation, Carson accepts Trump's offer to head U.S. housing department
- Steven Mnuchin Expected to be Donald Trump's Pick for Treasury Secretary - NYT
- UPDATE: GM (GM) U.S. Sales Rose 10.2% in November 2016, Outpacing Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPolitics
Related EntitiesBill Gates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!