President-Elect Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with the New York Times
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
President-elect Donald Trump cancelled today's meeting with the New York Times (NYSE: NYT). Trump tweeted, "I cancelled today's meeting with the failing @nytimes when the terms and conditions of the meeting were changed at the last moment. Not nice."
I cancelled today's meeting with the failing @nytimes when the terms and conditions of the meeting were changed at the last moment. Not nice— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 22, 2016
In a follow up tweet, Mr. Trump said, "Perhaps a new meeting will be set up with the @nytimes. In the meantime they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!"
Perhaps a new meeting will be set up with the @nytimes. In the meantime they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 22, 2016
In a statement on the cancellation, the New York Times said they didn't change the ground rules.
"We were unaware that the meeting was cancelled until we saw the President Elect's tweet this morning. We did not change the ground rules at all and made no attempt to. They tried to yesterday - asking for only a private meting and no on-the-record segment, which we refused to agree to. In the end, we concluded with the team that we would go back to the original plan of a small off the record session and a larger on the record session with reporters and columnists."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Outgoing FCC chair warns against overturning net neutrality
- Republicans in London celebrate Trump's inauguration
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPolitics
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!