Donald Trump Confirms Steven Mnuchin as Treasury Secretary, Wilbur Ross as Commerce Secretary
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Steven Mnuchin, the Trump campaign's finance director, arrives at U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's Trump Tower in New York, U.S., November 29, 2016. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Donald Trump confirmed the nominations of Steven Mnuchin as Treasury Secretary and Wilbur Ross as Commerce Secretary, with both men appearing on CNBC for interviews this morning.
Both men addressed fears of trade wars, saying they believe in 'fair' trade, not the 'dumb' trade the U.S. has been engaged in. Ross said tariffs are the last thing, but could be part of the negation.
On Dodd Frank, Mnuchin said they want to strip back parts of Dodd Frank that limit loan growth. Commenting on the Volcker Rule, Mnuchin said the number one problem with the is it's too complicated and people don't know what to do with it.
On the mortgage interest tax deduction, Mnuchin said they'll cap mortgage interest, but we'll allow some deductibility.
On Janet Yellen, both men complimented her but wouldn't comment on if she will serve out her term as Fed Chairwomen.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Donald Trump Named 2016 Time Person of the Year
- China calls Iowa's Branstad 'old friend' after report he picked as ambassador
- SoftBank's Son pledges $50 billion, Foxconn eyes U.S. expansion as Trump woos Asian firms
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPolitics
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, Wilbur Ross
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!