Volatility indexes prices
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) at 12.74, compared to 10-day moving average of 15.78 cboe.com/VIX
CBOE VIX futures October at 15.50, December at 17.85, April 20.26, VIX at 12.74
September Weekly options on VIX trading at CBOE
CBOE DJIA BuyWrite Index (BXD) at 275 cboe.com/micro/bxd/
CBOE S&P 500 Skew Index (SKEW) at 122 SKEW measures the purchase of out-of-the-money S&P 500 Index puts that require a very large downside move to profit from long put positions. An increase of this index indicates greater expectations for an extreme down move.
SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) 30-day implied volatility at 14, 52-week range 13 to 27
Russell 2000 Index (RUT) 30-day implied volatility at 16, 52-week range 14 to 31
Financial Select Sector (XLF) 30-day implied volatility at 17, 52-week range 14 to 36
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Yellen Says Fed Close to Dual Goals, Can't Give Timing of Next Hike
- JB Hunt (JBHT) volatility elevated into Q4 and outlook
- Wal-mart (WMT) volatility up from one month ago
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesOptions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Options
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!