Volatility indexes prices
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) at 17.92, compared to 10-day moving average of 14.38 cboe.com/VIX
CBOE VIX futures September 17.75, October at 18.41, December at 19, April 21.18, VIX at 17.92
September Weekly options on VIX trading at CBOE
CBOE DJIA BuyWrite Index (BXD) at 271 cboe.com/micro/bxd/
CBOE S&P 500 Skew Index (SKEW) at 132 SKEW measures the purchase of out-of-the-money S&P 500 Index puts that require a very large downside move to profit from long put positions. An increase of this index indicates greater expectations for an extreme down move.
SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) 30-day implied volatility at 17, 52-week range 13 to 27
Russell 2000 Index (RUT) 30-day implied volatility at 20, 52-week range 14 to 31
Financial Select Sector (XLF) 30-day implied volatility at 20, 52-week range 14 to 36
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) calls active on wide price movement
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Apple (AAPL) volatility at low end of range into Holiday shopping season
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesOptions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Options
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!