Volatility indexes prices
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) at 11.77, compared to 10-day moving average of 12.80 cboe.com/VIX
CBOE VIX futures September 13.18, October at 15.70, December at 17.65, April 20.25, VIX at 11.77
September Weekly options on VIX trading at CBOE
CBOE DJIA BuyWrite Index (BXD) at 277 cboe.com/micro/bxd/
CBOE S&P 500 Skew Index (SKEW) at 131 SKEW measures the purchase of out-of-the-money S&P 500 Index puts that require a very large downside move to profit from long put positions. An increase of this index indicates greater expectations for an extreme down move.
SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) 30-day implied volatility at 15, 52-week range 13 to 27
Russell 2000 Index (RUT) 30-day implied volatility at 15, 52-week range 14 to 31
Financial Select Sector (XLF) 30-day implied volatility at 14, 52-week range 14 to 36
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) down 10c to 21.30
- Wal-mart (WMT) volatility up from one month ago
- Viacom (VIAB) March call spreader active as shares trend to five-month high
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesOptions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Options
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!