Alltel (AT) volatility Elevated as WSJ reports Private Equity Eyeing AT
- Top 10 News for 05/13 - 05/17: Tesla Can't be Stopped; Tepper Still Bullish; Sony Gets in Play
- Tableau Software (DATA) IPO Surges Higher
- Bloomberg Taps Former IBM (IBM) Exec to Lead Privacy, Data Standards Initiative
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 05/17: (RSOL) (SCTY) (VNDA) Higher; (ARUN) (UNXL) (COSI) Lower
- Despite Outside Interest, Tumblr and Yahoo! (YHOO) Are in Lockup (MSFT) (FB)
Alltel (NYSE: AT) : AT, a communications company with operations in 36 states has a market cap of $22 billion with long term debt of $2.7 billion. The Wall Street Journal reported "At least three groups of private-equity buyers have formed to pursue a potential purchase of wireless carrier AT." AT had been reviewing its strategic alternatives. AT May option implied volatility was at 38, June at 31; above its 6-month average of 23 according to Track Data, suggesting larger near-term price risks. Paul Foster
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amid Tesla (TSLA) Squeeze, Option Prices Hit Record Highs
- Anaren (ANEN) Says Vintage Capital's Unsolicited $23/Sh Offer 'Inadequate'
- Yahoo (YHOO) Looks to Buy 'Cool' With $1B Deal for Tumblr
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesOptions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!