UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Applied Materials (AMAT) at Buy
- CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in the U.S. (TKMR)
- Market Wrap: eBay to Unload PayPal; Ebola Confirmed in U.S.; Microsoft Reveals Next Key Product
- Angie's List (ANGI) Hires Bankers to Explore Possible Sale - FT
- Freddie Mac (FMCC), Fannie Mae (FNMA) investors suit against U.S. thrown out - Bloomberg
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/30: (ANGI) (TKMR) (NLNK) Higher; (WPRT) (ASEI) (RGSE) Lower (more...)
Jefferies initiated coverage on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Sundeep Bajikar said, "We believe Moore Stress is driving AMAT's merger with TEL. We are confident the merger would complete in 2H14, and translate into increased pricing power and scale benefits. We believe AMAT is best positioned among SemiCap players to benefit from a combination of 1) industry consolidation, 2) technology inflections, and 3) foundry competition. We expect higher margins and cash returns to drive multiple expansion."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $20.19 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Northland Capital Markets Starts Nxt-ID, Inc. (NXTD) at Outperform
- Wedbush Assumes/Downgrades Pier 1 Imports (PIR) to Neutral
- Topeka Capital Upgrades Worthington Industries (WOR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!