UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Applied Materials (AMAT) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Are Yahoo! (YHOO) Investors Ready to 'Sell the News'? Analyst Weighs In
Jefferies initiated coverage on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Sundeep Bajikar said, "We believe Moore Stress is driving AMAT's merger with TEL. We are confident the merger would complete in 2H14, and translate into increased pricing power and scale benefits. We believe AMAT is best positioned among SemiCap players to benefit from a combination of 1) industry consolidation, 2) technology inflections, and 3) foundry competition. We expect higher margins and cash returns to drive multiple expansion."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $20.19 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Buy
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Starts InterOil (IOC) at Outperform
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Express Inc. (EXPR) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!