UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Applied Materials (AMAT) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
Jefferies initiated coverage on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Sundeep Bajikar said, "We believe Moore Stress is driving AMAT's merger with TEL. We are confident the merger would complete in 2H14, and translate into increased pricing power and scale benefits. We believe AMAT is best positioned among SemiCap players to benefit from a combination of 1) industry consolidation, 2) technology inflections, and 3) foundry competition. We expect higher margins and cash returns to drive multiple expansion."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $20.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Midcoast Energy Partners, L.P. (MEP) to Neutral
- TD Securities Upgrades Mercer International (MERC) to Hold
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades YRC Worldwide (YRCW) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!