UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Applied Materials (AMAT) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 7/28 - 8/1: FOMC Tapers Further, Rates Still Intact; Jobs Growth Elusive in July; Argentina Defaults. Again.
- July Nonfarm Payrolls 209K vs 230K Expected, UE Rate 6.2% vs 6.1%
- Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
- Mobileye (MBLY) IPO Opens at $36
- GM (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales Rose 9.4%, Missing Expectations Amid Double-Digit Pickup, SUV Gains
Jefferies initiated coverage on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Sundeep Bajikar said, "We believe Moore Stress is driving AMAT's merger with TEL. We are confident the merger would complete in 2H14, and translate into increased pricing power and scale benefits. We believe AMAT is best positioned among SemiCap players to benefit from a combination of 1) industry consolidation, 2) technology inflections, and 3) foundry competition. We expect higher margins and cash returns to drive multiple expansion."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $20.19 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Downgrades Web.com Group (WWWW) to Neutral
- Aegis Capital Cuts Ctrip.com (CTRP) to Hold; Valuation Full Following Q2 Results
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades eHealth (EHTH) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!