UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Applied Materials (AMAT) at Buy
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Market Wrap: IBM Profits Miss Mark; eBay Loses Noted Director; Merger Monday is Back
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (ILMN) (HLX) (AAPL) Higher; (RNO) (KALU) (UCTT) (CMG) Lower (more...)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q3 EPS by 31c, Offers Guidance
- AbbVie (ABBV), Shire (SHPG) Terminate Merger Talks
Jefferies initiated coverage on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Sundeep Bajikar said, "We believe Moore Stress is driving AMAT's merger with TEL. We are confident the merger would complete in 2H14, and translate into increased pricing power and scale benefits. We believe AMAT is best positioned among SemiCap players to benefit from a combination of 1) industry consolidation, 2) technology inflections, and 3) foundry competition. We expect higher margins and cash returns to drive multiple expansion."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $20.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Upgrades Align Technology (ALGN) to Buy
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Upgrades Align Technology (ALGN) to Outperform
- Goldman Sachs Starts CONE Midstream Partners, LP (CNNX) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!