UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Applied Materials (AMAT) at Buy
- Family Dollar Stores (FDO) Rejects Dollar General's (DG) $78.50/Share Bid
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/21: (HTBX) (DGLY) (JRJC) Higher; (KIN) (AMPE) (CYTX) Lower
- BofA (BAC) Enters $16.7B Settlement with DoJ Over RMBS Investigation
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Posts Q2 GAAP Loss of $5.39/Share; Comps Fell 0.1%
- Infineon/International Rectifier (IRF) Seen as Harbinger for More Semi Deals
Jefferies initiated coverage on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Sundeep Bajikar said, "We believe Moore Stress is driving AMAT's merger with TEL. We are confident the merger would complete in 2H14, and translate into increased pricing power and scale benefits. We believe AMAT is best positioned among SemiCap players to benefit from a combination of 1) industry consolidation, 2) technology inflections, and 3) foundry competition. We expect higher margins and cash returns to drive multiple expansion."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $20.19 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CLSA Starts Tesla Motors (TSLA) at Outperform
- Lowe's (LOW) PT Raised to $61 at BofA/Merrill Lynch
- Target (TGT) PT Lifted to $68 at Piper Jaffray Post Q2
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!