UPDATE: Brean Capital Assumes Neuralstem (CUR) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 10:14 AM EDT)
Brean Capital assumed coverage on Neuralstem (NASDAQ: CUR) with a Buy rating and a price target of $4.00.
Analyst Jason Wittes said, "The company is currently enrolling a Phase II (n=220) trial for NSI-189 which is a novel neurogenic small molecule targeting Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and may have the potential to be a neuro-regenerative drug in reversing diabetic neuropathies given the recent preclinical data. We expect a read out of this trial in 2H17—already 50% enrolled. Recently the company secured an additional $20 million through a Tianjin Pharmaceutical Holding Group for completion of the Phase II trial. Assuming the Phase II is successful, we expect NSI-189 will have no problem finding a partner to fund a Phase III study, especially if results continue to show duration, improved cognition and enhanced potentiation. The company is also developing a stem cell platform, which it looks to fund externally."
Shares of Neuralstem closed at $0.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Dougherty & Co Starts Allscripts (MDRX) at Neutral
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Paycom Software (PAYC) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesNew Coverage
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!