UBS Starts First Hawaiian (FHB) at Neutral
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS initiated coverage on First Hawaiian (NASDAQ: FHB) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $28. Analyst David Eads thinks positives are priced in.
"The high performing operating story has allowed FHB to earn a premium valuation, but at this point we see few catalysts for further multiple expansion and more attractive opportunities for banks with lower valuations and a stronger outlook for earnings growth. Specifically, we expect essentially flat earnings for FHB in 2017 and only 3% growth in 2018, with solid NII growth largely offset by higher expenses and credit costs. On the other hand, FHB's P/TBV valuation is in line with peers (when combined with ROTE expectations), which is supportive of FHB maintaining its premium multiple," said Eads.
Shares of First Hawaiian closed at $26.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tailored Brands (TLRD) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c
- H&R Block (HRB) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
- ModusLink (MLNK) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.16/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesNew Coverage
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!