UBS Starts First Hawaiian (FHB) at Neutral
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS initiated coverage on First Hawaiian (NASDAQ: FHB) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $28. Analyst David Eads thinks positives are priced in.
"The high performing operating story has allowed FHB to earn a premium valuation, but at this point we see few catalysts for further multiple expansion and more attractive opportunities for banks with lower valuations and a stronger outlook for earnings growth. Specifically, we expect essentially flat earnings for FHB in 2017 and only 3% growth in 2018, with solid NII growth largely offset by higher expenses and credit costs. On the other hand, FHB's P/TBV valuation is in line with peers (when combined with ROTE expectations), which is supportive of FHB maintaining its premium multiple," said Eads.
Shares of First Hawaiian closed at $26.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
- Union First Market Bankshares (UBSH) Declares $0.20 Quarterly Dividend; 2.9% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesNew Coverage
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!