UPDATE: Fredriksen Said Willing to Lend as Much as $1.2B to Seadrill Ltd. (SDRL) - Bloomberg
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 7:30 AM EDT)
John Fredriksen, Seadrill's (NYSE: SDRL) Chairman and largest shareholder, is willing to lend it as much as $1.2 billion as part of a potential deal with banks and bondholders to restructure its debt, according to Bloomberg, citing two people familiar with the matter. The plan would imply postponement of all bank maturities to a least 2020, the report said.
Shares of Seadrill are poised to open higher by 35% following the report.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Shares Climb 50%
- Volatility and Volume movement
- GNC Holdings (GNC) on Watch Amid Rumors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!