UPDATE: Fredriksen Said Willing to Lend as Much as $1.2B to Seadrill Ltd. (SDRL) - Bloomberg
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 7:30 AM EDT)
John Fredriksen, Seadrill's (NYSE: SDRL) Chairman and largest shareholder, is willing to lend it as much as $1.2 billion as part of a potential deal with banks and bondholders to restructure its debt, according to Bloomberg, citing two people familiar with the matter. The plan would imply postponement of all bank maturities to a least 2020, the report said.
Shares of Seadrill are poised to open higher by 35% following the report.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Helios and Matheson (HMNY) halted on LUDP after surging 65%
- Apple (AAPL) said unlikely to bid for Time Warner (TWX) - Bloomberg
- Qualcomm (QCOM) and NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) agreed on $110/sh deal - CBNC's Faber
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!