UPDATE: Apple, Suppliers Weaken Following Two Cautious Reports (AAPL) (AVGO) (CRUS) (SWKS)
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 23, 2016 3:02 PM EDT)
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) and suppliers including Cirrus Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRUS), Broadcom Ltd. (NASDAQ: AVGO) and Skyworks Solutions (NASDAQ: SWKS) declined Friday on concerns about disappointing iPhone sales.
This morning a DigiTimes report said iPhone chip orders are likely to fall in the first quarter of 2017. A later report from GFK suggested the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus launch in Europe and other areas is down 25% compared to the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.
Apple was set to close lower by 1.75%, Cirrus was down 4.5%, Broadcom was lower by 1.4%, and Skyworks was off by 3% on Friday heading into the market close.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Apple (AAPL) in talks with film studios for early movie rentals - Bloomberg
- iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT) volatility increases as rates move higher
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!