Galmed Pharma (GLMD) Adds to NASH-Frenzy Gains
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
NASH stock Galmed Pharma (NASDAQ: GLMD) is pushing to the highs of the session. Shares are up 16.8% to $5.42, and up 43% since Tuesday when Allergan (NASDAQ: AGN) agreed to acquire Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) at a huge premium.
This afternoon, Galmed announced that it has signed an Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trial Agreement with the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine.
Speculators are buying Galmed Pharma and other NASH stocks on their scarcity value and potential takeovers.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lexmark (LXK) Gets CFIUS Approval for Apex Tech Deal
- Deutsche Bank's (DB) Credit Rating Raised to Neutral at BofAML - Bloomberg
- PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) Surges on Volume
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!