Galmed Pharma (GLMD) Adds to NASH-Frenzy Gains
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NASH stock Galmed Pharma (NASDAQ: GLMD) is pushing to the highs of the session. Shares are up 16.8% to $5.42, and up 43% since Tuesday when Allergan (NASDAQ: AGN) agreed to acquire Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) at a huge premium.
This afternoon, Galmed announced that it has signed an Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trial Agreement with the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine.
Speculators are buying Galmed Pharma and other NASH stocks on their scarcity value and potential takeovers.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Liberty Mutual to Acquire Ironshore from Fosun for ~$3 Billion
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Slip 0.8% Early
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!