Galmed Pharma (GLMD) Adds to NASH-Frenzy Gains
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
NASH stock Galmed Pharma (NASDAQ: GLMD) is pushing to the highs of the session. Shares are up 16.8% to $5.42, and up 43% since Tuesday when Allergan (NASDAQ: AGN) agreed to acquire Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) at a huge premium.
This afternoon, Galmed announced that it has signed an Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trial Agreement with the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine.
Speculators are buying Galmed Pharma and other NASH stocks on their scarcity value and potential takeovers.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!