Galmed Pharma (GLMD) Adds to NASH-Frenzy Gains
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NASH stock Galmed Pharma (NASDAQ: GLMD) is pushing to the highs of the session. Shares are up 16.8% to $5.42, and up 43% since Tuesday when Allergan (NASDAQ: AGN) agreed to acquire Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) at a huge premium.
This afternoon, Galmed announced that it has signed an Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trial Agreement with the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine.
Speculators are buying Galmed Pharma and other NASH stocks on their scarcity value and potential takeovers.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CIT Group (CIT) Hires Boston Consulting to Review Operations - DJ
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Shares Tick Higher on Speculation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!