Galmed Pharma (GLMD) Adds to NASH-Frenzy Gains
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
NASH stock Galmed Pharma (NASDAQ: GLMD) is pushing to the highs of the session. Shares are up 16.8% to $5.42, and up 43% since Tuesday when Allergan (NASDAQ: AGN) agreed to acquire Tobira Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TBRA) at a huge premium.
This afternoon, Galmed announced that it has signed an Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trial Agreement with the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine.
Speculators are buying Galmed Pharma and other NASH stocks on their scarcity value and potential takeovers.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- Neovasc (NVCN) Shares Look to Pullback for Second Session
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!