Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Adds to Recent Speculative Gains
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) adds to recent gains amid NASH stock takeover speculation following Allergen's (NYSE: AGN) recent takeover of Tobira (NASDAQ: TBRA) at a huge premium and ahead of top line results from a Phase 2 clinical trial due by the end of the month.
Shares of GALT are up 10% in pre-open trade after rising 35% yesterday.
A HC Wainwright analyst told StreetInsider on Tuesday that he sees GALT as having the best read through from TBRA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 30%
- Options with increasing put volume; FDS WDAY MBLY SAN ORCL
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPre Market Movers, H.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!