Galectin Therapeutics (GALT) Adds to Recent Speculative Gains
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) adds to recent gains amid NASH stock takeover speculation following Allergen's (NYSE: AGN) recent takeover of Tobira (NASDAQ: TBRA) at a huge premium and ahead of top line results from a Phase 2 clinical trial due by the end of the month.
Shares of GALT are up 10% in pre-open trade after rising 35% yesterday.
A HC Wainwright analyst told StreetInsider on Tuesday that he sees GALT as having the best read through from TBRA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Celgene (CELG), Biotech Peers Pressured on Market Open
- Most active options: BAC FB AAPL INTC AMZN OXY AMD MSFT
- Gevo (GEVO) Says EPA Approves Pathway for Isobutanol as an Advanced Biofuel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPre Market Movers, H.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!