Valeant Pharma's (VRX) Relistor Said to Draw Interest from Potential Buyers
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 5, 2016 12:17 PM EDT)
Valeant Pharma's (NYSE: VRX) Relistor said to have drawn interest from potential buyers, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Other drugmakers may be interested in the asset, sources said.
Relistor could get around $400 - $500 million in a potential sale.
News comes as Valeant works to get a $30 billion debtload under control, while also looking to ease public concerns over drug pricing and the company's business practices, which have taken center stage this year.
Progenics Pharma (Nasdaq: PGNX) is Valeant's partner on Relistor. The drug is indicated to treat constipation brought on by taking opioids for chronic, non-cancer pain.
Shares of Valeant are down 0.7 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fred's (FRED) Falls, Halted on WBA/RAD Antitrust Concerns
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Citron Research Negative on TransDigm Group (TDG) amid Trump Era; Calls Valeant of Aerospace
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!