Valeant Pharma's (VRX) Relistor Said to Draw Interest from Potential Buyers
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - August 5, 2016 12:17 PM EDT)
Valeant Pharma's (NYSE: VRX) Relistor said to have drawn interest from potential buyers, according to Bloomberg.
UPDATE - Other drugmakers may be interested in the asset, sources said.
Relistor could get around $400 - $500 million in a potential sale.
News comes as Valeant works to get a $30 billion debtload under control, while also looking to ease public concerns over drug pricing and the company's business practices, which have taken center stage this year.
Progenics Pharma (Nasdaq: PGNX) is Valeant's partner on Relistor. The drug is indicated to treat constipation brought on by taking opioids for chronic, non-cancer pain.
Shares of Valeant are down 0.7 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- DuPont (DD), Dow Chemical (DOW) Said to Face EU Concerns Over Research Spending - Bloomberg
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!