Uranium Resources, Inc (URRE) Acquires Rio Algom Mining LLC from BHP Billiton
- Facebook (FB) Set to Join the S&P 100 & 500; Alliance Data Systems (ADS) and Mohawk (MHK) to Join the S&P 500; Changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and the S&P SmallCap 600
- Market Wrap: Facebook is Movin' Up; Strong Start for IPO Autohome; Costco Slumps on Sales
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/11: (UNS) (PRTA) (FB) Higher; (IMUC) (ATHN) (SUNE) Lower (more...)
- William Blair's 2014 Top Midcap Picks
- Fortis to Acquire UNS Energy (UNS) for $60.25/Share
Uranium Resources, Inc. (Nasdaq: URRE) announced today it will pay BHP Billiton $110 million in cash in order to acquire 100% ownership of Rio Algom Mining LLC. Under the agreement, Uranium Resources will pay the cash amount and assume certain retirement benefits and reclamation liabilities of which up to $35 million will be pre-funded at closing. URI will also pay BHP Billiton $16.5 million contingent upon the receipt of a license from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to construct and operate a conventional uranium mill. If the transaction is approved by regulators, the acquisition is expected to close before June 1, 2008. "The purchase of Rio Algom provides one of the key assets we need to achieve our strategic goal to produce 10 million pounds of U3O8 per year by 2014," commented Dave Clark, URI's President and Chief Executive Officer. "We believe building a new mill on a NRC licensed site with associated water rights could allow production to begin within four to five years."
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cove Street Capital Files Amended 13D on Takeover Target R.G. Barry (DFZ)
- Nokia's (NOK) Tax Bill in India Could Balloon to $3.4B
- UPDATE: Citi Downgrades Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) to Sell; Discovery (DISCA) Deal Unlikely
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!