UPDATE: Viacom (VIAB), CBS (CBS) to Form Special Committees to Review Possible Merger - DJ
- Wall St. reverses course as discretionary, industrials weigh
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 1:45 PM EDT)
Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB) is forming a special committee to explore a potential merger with CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS), according to Dow Jones sources. CBS's board is forming a special committee, the report said. Yesterday majority owner National Amusements asked the boards to consider a potential combination.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) Said in Talks to Buy Bai Brands - Reuters
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- General Electric (GE) to Acquire Majority Stake in Concept Laser GmbH for $599M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!